The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering at Birmingham

Hey guys, I am going to start a chemical engineering course soon at UoB and was wondering what are the grad prospects like, do lots of companies come and visit? (mostly interested in oil), do lots of people get internships? thanks
hey im an A2 student with grades BCDE in AS Bio Maths Chem nd psychology do you think UoB would give me an offer in chemical engineering ?
thanks
Reply 2
Original post by savvey1197
hey im an A2 student with grades BCDE in AS Bio Maths Chem nd psychology do you think UoB would give me an offer in chemical engineering ?
thanks

I don't think so - maybe but their requirement has gone up to A*AA, so if you can get predicted that they'll probs give you an interview (might get lucky with AAA), good luck!
what grades did you get at AS and A2 + apparently 92% of applicants get offer according to which-university
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
what grades did you get at AS and A2 + apparently 92% of applicants get offer according to which-university

AAAAA at AS and A*A*AA at A2.

Edit: Bare in mind that the requirements have just increased for 2015 entry..as long as you meet the minimum entry requirements (which you can find on their website) you should be fine.
thanks

i got BBCC at as but had AAA as predicted grades I also didn't put down my as maths result (c) because it wasn't cashed in, so basically so long as you have the predicted grades you should be alright0
I was just wondering if anyone is doing any preparation before the course starts (eg recapping a levels). Thanks in advance
Reply 7
Original post by Heisenberg Stark
I was just wondering if anyone is doing any preparation before the course starts (eg recapping a levels). Thanks in advance
I'm not, but I'm gonna take some notes in case I find that I'm struggling to recall past content. I'd imagine the first few weeks will be getting everyone to the same level.
Original post by Heisenberg Stark

I've forgotten like all of C3 and C4 maths haha
Original post by Fatcoin
I'm not, but I'm gonna take some notes in case I find that I'm struggling to recall past content. I'd imagine the first few weeks will be getting everyone to the same level.

Thanks and sounds like a good idea,might do that as well haha
Original post by singapaul
I've forgotten like all of C3 and C4 maths haha

Same haha
Hey guys, I was wondering if you've got your timetables?, do you understand what any of the venues are haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest