The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Sick of seeing cyclists on pavements

Unless the road is particularly dangerous at that time, there is no excuse. I am sick of near misses when cyclists roll down busy pavements at speeds.

It's a criminal offence but the police never seem to enforce it.

Scroll to see replies

It's worse here, there's a ******* cycle lane on the road, it's not even a particularly busy road so it's not about some perceived danger, but most cycles still use the pavement and it's a narrow pavement at that, really pisses me off, the irony is I have to step off the path into the CYCLE LANE if they come belting down so fast that they clearly can't react in time.
i am a cyclist and i go on both pavement and road whatever is quieter / faster.
As a motorist, I love cyclists who use pavements.
Reply 4
I get off and push my bike on the pavement along busy roads, I just don't trust them.
Unfortunately many car drivers feel the same way about cyclists and although they are legally obliged to share the road, many do so in an unsafe manor. Hopefully this will be a problem that is solved within our life times as more people ride bikes drivers will be more used to them (safety in numbers) and hopefully cyclists will be more aware of things like red lights and being in the correct lane which sparks much of the hate directed toward them.
Reply 6
If oblivious pedestrians can learn to stop wilfully obstructing the cycle lane, then I won't have to pass within five inches whilst loudly exhorting them to get out of the ****ing way.
Original post by Jordooooom

Just about to say this.
Reply 8
The sooner cycling and Bradley Wiggins haircuts fall out of fashion the better.
Original post by Mackay
The sooner cycling and Bradley Wiggins haircuts fall out of fashion the better.

Maybe I was wrong in assuming our generation is more tolerant of cyclists haha :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Original post by ELITE MATHS
Maybe I was wrong in assuming our generation is more tolerant of cyclists haha :rolleyes:

It just winds me up. One of my bug bears.
Original post by Jordooooom

you do not need a car in the uk. Car tax should be increased 20 fold
Original post by Lady Comstock
Unless the road is particularly dangerous at that time, there is no excuse. I am sick of near misses when cyclists roll down busy pavements at speeds.

It's a criminal offence but the police never seem to enforce it.

I generally find cyclist annoying, they are either in the way of cars, buses on the road or people on the pavement. I especially hate when I'm taking a bus and there's a cyclist slowly peddling along and bus because it's too big can't over take it for miles and so it goes at same speed as well.

There needs to be more cyclist exclusive roads, trouble is you can't put them everywhere without moving roads or houses.
Cyclist really is a C-word tbh.
Original post by McMicheal
I generally find cyclist annoying, they are either in the way of cars, buses on the road or people on the pavement. I especially hate when I'm taking a bus and there's a cyclist slowly peddling along and bus because it's too big can't over take it for miles and so it goes at same speed as well.

There needs to be more cyclist exclusive roads, trouble is you can't put them everywhere without moving roads or houses.

more drivers should become cyclists
Original post by HeritageofEurope
more drivers should become cyclists

Not everyone lives 10 miles from work.

Cyclist should get some electric motors on their bikes and not slow down the traffic.
Original post by Profesh
If oblivious pedestrians can learn to stop wilfully obstructing the cycle lane, then I won't have to pass within five inches whilst loudly exhorting them to get out of the ****ing way.

u wot m8?

Cyclist should get some electric motors on their bikes and not slow down the traffic.

if you live over ten miles then get on public transport

The glut of motorists contributes vastly more to commuter malaise than an occasional two-wheeled interloper. I have to use a cycle-path for the first two miles of my journey simply because traffic is so ****ing slow that if I didn't, I'd probably be setting off now.
Original post by HeritageofEurope
you do not need a car in the uk. Car tax should be increased 20 fold

Most ridiculous thing I have ever read.

Latest

Trending

Trending