The Student Room Group

Putting on a condom?

When people are passionately making out, and want it to lead to sex, start undressing etc.. how does it work with putting on a condom? What do you do? Wouldn't it be really awkward and ruin the whole intense atmosphere if the girl/boy brought it up 'Oh wait I just need to put a condom on' or if you're a girl how do you go about asking the guy to do it and at what point? It sounds so awkward. What if he doesn't have one..

I'm clueless :confused:

Scroll to see replies

She puts it on w/ her mouth to keep the ball rolling

Posted from TSR Mobile
What kills the atmosphere is when i jump up like an excited kid to go find the condoms.
Reply 3
You discuss in advance of clothes off if you have them, then when you're at the point to play hide the sausage he puts it on - simple. Forget all the Durex marketing crap of it being an excellent part of foreplay, it's NOT. It's much easier for him to roll it down and by that point you just want to get on with the event.
Reply 4
Oh God just when I thought TSR couldn't get more lowbrow.
Reply 5
Original post by Zarek
You discuss in advance of clothes off if you have them, then when you're at the point to play hide the sausage he puts it on - simple. Forget all the Durex marketing crap of it being an excellent part of foreplay, it's NOT. It's much easier for him to roll it down and by that point you just want to get on with the event.

So it's not weird if I stop him, and ask him to put one on/if he's got one?
Reply 6
Original post by Armin.

I just wanted to be prepared.. what's wrong with that? :confused:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

No it's not weird!
Reply 8
It's a seminal art-form.
Original post by Armin.

Hello Mr Pot...
It does hence why condoms are awful
When people are passionately making out, and want it to lead to sex, start undressing etc.. how does it work with putting on a condom? What do you do? Wouldn't it be really awkward and ruin the whole intense atmosphere if the girl/boy brought it up 'Oh wait I just need to put a condom on' or if you're a girl how do you go about asking the guy to do it and at what point? It sounds so awkward. What if he doesn't have one..

I'm clueless :confused:

It doesn't take that long, unless you're new to condoms. And during sex it's not the only time you'd stop making out, e.g. you go for changing poses or go from bed to table or against the wall.. And it doesn't ruin the atmosphere, it cools down if it takes too long, but that doesn't kill it.

think of it this way, when frying a steak if you turn off the heat for a minute and then turn it back on, does this ruin the steak? No. Running out of gas or electricity would ruin the steak, because you couldn't finish cooking it.

Just don't over think it.
Reply 12

Have some with you anyway, then just simply ask him if he's got one.
Well I generally discussed with my partners before about contraception, but it never really killed the atmosphere for me. At the most we'd get a bit giggly if he was struggling, but it only takes a second and then we get straight back to it.

If you don't plan to talk about contraception, I'd advise taking a condom with you - so if you get to that point and he tries to be like "oh I don't have one" then you can provide it.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

Enjoy your aids.

Lol what?
Reply 16

Pretty much, this is why i don't use them anymore.
Reply 17

Are you serious?! It's not weird it's ESSENTIAL. Unless you want to risk being up the duff (presuming you're female) with a STI.
It's only awkward if you're very inexperienced, in which case the whole thing is awkward.

Otherwise it's a pretty normal thing. It's not like the "mood" is some fragile thing that must be handled with supreme care. Taking 30 seconds break from foreplay in order to put on a condom is not going to remove all desire to have sex.
How old are you, 12?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending