The Student Room Group

Fantising about a male friend?!

(I'm a girl)
I've started at a mixed sixth form (my old school was also mixed) and made a few friends. One of my friends is pretty much everything I look for in a guy- tall, into gaming and anime, witty, sarcastic and funny as well as a lot of other things. He's just.. yeah :colondollar: I'm having to actively resist the urge to jump him every time I see him. I'm incredibly attracted to him for some unknown reason. Yesterday I watched his ice-bucket challenge like 3 times because he's so perfect in it. ****, I'm such a freak. And to top it all off, I keep daydreaming about him grabbing me, shoving me up against a wall and snogging me. It's getting to the point where it's uncomfortable to be around him.
It's not like he's even conventionally attractive. If I passed him in the street I wouldn't look back. I mean, there are tons of really really hot guys in my year and I don't like them in the slightest. What's wrong with me?

So yes, my question is how I can control my urges? I like the guy and I would definitely like to stay friends with him, so I don't want this to get in the way. Advice please? This weird attraction thing is turning me into a weirdo.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't control them, unleash them!! Flirt outrageously until you snare him...
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Don't control them, unleash them!! Flirt outrageously until you snare him...

.. or until he runs away because he thinks I'm weird. And I can't flirt :tongue:
Reply 3
:bump:
Go for it!
Reply 5
Original post by redpaintednails
Go for it!

Haha, but how?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Haha, but how?

You walk up to him and ask him out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Andy98
You walk up to him and ask him out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Um. Isn't that too forward, considering that he may not like me back?
Lol I was in a similar situation and I ended up learning he fantasied about me too. We also got into a relationship for a while but that's history.
Well, it's usually hard to stop these thoughts imo. But you might just have to try your best to ignore then and force yourself to look him in a platonic manner.
Or...you could go for it, take a chance. You never know, he may be thinking about you like that too.
Reply 9

You ask, you get an answer. You don't ask, you sit there wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just go ask him.
lol at people valuing sarcasm in a partner. Like it's a deal breaker if they're not sarcastic enough.
I'm actually the same, but I've known him for a while & were great friends!
I think he liked me before but not anymore.
He's actually quite similar to your weird attraction.
In my respective viewpoint, let the fierce desires burn and let it be cool as the winter snow in reality.
Try to be friends at first.
PM for more.
(I'm a girl)
I've started at a mixed sixth form (my old school was also mixed) and made a few friends. One of my friends is pretty much everything I look for in a guy- tall, into gaming and anime, witty, sarcastic and funny as well as a lot of other things. He's just.. yeah :colondollar: I'm having to actively resist the urge to jump him every time I see him. I'm incredibly attracted to him for some unknown reason. Yesterday I watched his ice-bucket challenge like 3 times because he's so perfect in it. ****, I'm such a freak. And to top it all off, I keep daydreaming about him grabbing me, shoving me up against a wall and snogging me. It's getting to the point where it's uncomfortable to be around him.
It's not like he's even conventionally attractive. If I passed him in the street I wouldn't look back. I mean, there are tons of really really hot guys in my year and I don't like them in the slightest. What's wrong with me?

So yes, my question is how I can control my urges? I like the guy and I would definitely like to stay friends with him, so I don't want this to get in the way. Advice please? This weird attraction thing is turning me into a weirdo.

You need to get it out your system. Just find the nearest man and have him bone you. It can be your brother if you are that hormonal, just get it out your system.
Original post by Youni-chan
Lol I was in a similar situation and I ended up learning he fantasied about me too. We also got into a relationship for a while but that's history.
Well, it's usually hard to stop these thoughts imo. But you might just have to try your best to ignore then and force yourself to look him in a platonic manner.
Or...you could go for it, take a chance. You never know, he may be thinking about you like that too.

Really? That's cute XD How did you find out?
I might actually take a chance. So many people have said I should just go for it. It's so risky though D:

Original post by Andy98
You ask, you get an answer. You don't ask, you sit there wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true. I don't want to spend the rest of my life wondering. Just worried it will backfire.

Original post by meenu89
Just go ask him.

Ask him out?

Original post by ChickenMadness
lol at people valuing sarcasm in a partner. Like it's a deal breaker if they're not sarcastic enough.

Haha, it's not a dealbreaker but I do appreciate it if it's there xD
Reply 15
I'm in this situation soooo many times, if my male friends knew exactly what I was thinking about them they'd either be flattered or very disturbed! At some stage though something needs to happen otherwise you're going to go crazy.
It doesn't have to be awkward if someone doesn't like you back and equally you don't have to profess your undying love to someone right away. I usually go for one of these 3;
1. "I used to really really fancy you!" - kind of tests their reaction and on reflection will make them wonder what you two would be like together.
2. Get closer to them until they literally cannot go by a single day without feeling the need to talk to you.
3. Just bite the bullet and tell them that you like them and the ball is in their court if they feel the same way.
Good luck!
Ask him out?
Haha, it's not a dealbreaker but I do appreciate it if it's there xD

When he responds to your earnest admission of lust with, "Oh, yeah, I totally like you too," and you instantly burst into tears, I hope he understands why.
Original post by Profesh
When he responds to your earnest admission of lust with, "Oh, yeah, I totally like you too," and you instantly burst into tears, I hope he understands why.

Actually made me lol :rofl:
It's not like he's even conventionally attractive. If I passed him in the street I wouldn't look back. I mean, there are tons of really really hot guys in my year and I don't like them in the slightest. What's wrong with me?.

Nothing, why does there have to be something wrong with you for liking your guy friend who is apparently so good for you?

Anyway, hook up with him or not, let him know how you feel?

He's a guy so good chances he might feel the same back.

Best of luck.Everyone has a crush or two in their life, it's normal, enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest