The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exceptional
I received my offer this evening for Accounting and Financial Management and Economics! UCAS sent my application to the universities last Thursday, so within 4 days. So, so happy. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! Is Sheffield your first choice uni?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by a320airbus97
Congratulations! Is Sheffield your first choice uni?

Thanks! At the moment it is yes, I've been to 4 open days over the last 3 years (since year 11) for one reason or another haha. What's your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Exceptional
Thanks! At the moment it is yes, I've been to 4 open days over the last 3 years (since year 11) for one reason or another haha. What's your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

University of Edinburgh is my first choice, but Sheffield is in a close second: whether or not Sheffield becomes my firm depends on if Edinburgh gives me an offer or not!
Reply 163
Predictions: AAA History, Maths, Physics
AS Results: AABB French, History, Maths, Physics

Are you hoping to apply for BA or BSc?

Nice one! Applying for BA :smile:
Original post by Swaany
Nice one! Applying for BA :smile:

Thanks, and I applied for BSc. What other unversities are you applying to?
Has anyone got an email from Sheffield? My application was updated on UCAS yesterday, but I haven't received any email from university (I double checked, even spam).
Original post by serafina44
Has anyone got an email from Sheffield? My application was updated on UCAS yesterday, but I haven't received any email from university (I double checked, even spam).

I received an offer last Thursday, and yesterday I got an email congratulating me and inviting me to a department open day.
Reply 167
Thanks, and I applied for BSc. What other unversities are you applying to?

I just realised that you didn't study economics for A Level, what makes you want to study economics at uni?

Applying to City, Sussex, Essex and Leicester. What about you?
Original post by Swaany
I just realised that you didn't study economics for A Level, what makes you want to study economics at uni?

Applying to City, Sussex, Essex and Leicester. What about you?

Economics isn't offered at my school, so I decided to study Economics because my two favourite subjects are Maths and History, and Economics enables me to use Maths, but also analyse data and write essays.

I've applied to Edinburgh, Sheffield, Queen Mary, Southampton and City.

Good luck with your application!
Reply 169
Economics isn't offered at my school, so I decided to study Economics because my two favourite subjects are Maths and History, and Economics enables me to use Maths, but also analyse data and write essays.

I've applied to Edinburgh, Sheffield, Queen Mary, Southampton and City.

Good luck with your application!

Oh right, fair enough :smile:

Nice choices. My ideal uni would really be City as I am a London girl and I don't really want to move from home haha. I hope I get an offer from City!

Where do you want to go? And thank you, likewise... I hope you get all your offers! :smile:
Original post by Swaany
Oh right, fair enough :smile:

Nice choices. My ideal uni would really be City as I am a London girl and I don't really want to move from home haha. I hope I get an offer from City!

Where do you want to go? And thank you, likewise... I hope you get all your offers! :smile:

Edinburgh and Sheffield are my top two choices...City are very quick at giving out offers (my friend and I both received offers within 24hrs of applying): I'm sure that you will get one too! :smile:
got an offer for biomedical sciences from sheffield today, so i'm happy :smile: anyone else applying to/gotten an offer for biomed?
Reply 172
Is anyone else here going to be firming Sheffield? :smile:
Original post by JayDu
Is anyone else here going to be firming Sheffield? :smile:

I probably will, its definitely my favourite out of the ones I visited (which is all but Lancaster)! :smile:
Original post by michele394
got an offer for biomedical sciences from sheffield today, so i'm happy :smile: anyone else applying to/gotten an offer for biomed?

I sent off my application a couple of weeks ago and I don't have my Biomed offer from sheffield yet :frown:, only got one from bath so far, what time of day did you get yours and what are your predicted grades
Reply 175
Original post by EspDe97
I probably will, its definitely my favourite out of the ones I visited (which is all but Lancaster)! :smile:

I just hope I do well and get In, its my firm unless Birmingham give me an unconditional offer :wink:
Original post by JayDu
I just hope I do well and get In, its my firm unless Birmingham give me an unconditional offer :wink:

Haha, I don't think any of the universities I've applied to give unconditional offers if you haven't finished your A Levels. Yeah hopefully I get the grades, I really love Sheffield! :smile: I need ABB for Sheffield, and none of my other unis will be lower than that
Reply 177
Original post by EspDe97
Haha, I don't think any of the universities I've applied to give unconditional offers if you haven't finished your A Levels. Yeah hopefully I get the grades, I really love Sheffield! :smile: I need ABB for Sheffield, and none of my other unis will be lower than that

I got an unconditional from UEA but I much prefer Sheffield over them. I'm sure you can easily get the gradea you need, you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by EspDe97

How is Newcastle?
Original post by JayDu
I got an unconditional from UEA but I much prefer Sheffield over them. I'm sure you can easily get the gradea you need, you'll be fine :smile:

Oh ok, is the UEA one only unconditional if you firm it? Sheffield is my only offer so far so I'm lucky its my favourite! Thanks, I'm sure you will too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending