The Student Room Group

What unis would likely consider my application?

I got 3A*, 4A and 4B at GCSE with A* maths and bio, A in physics and chem and B in Eng lang with A in lit.
For AS I got ABBBD with B in bio, maths and physics, A in French and D in Chem. Having only started school in January, would that count as extenuating/mitigating circumstances?
I got a low UKCAT (645 average) as well..
My teachers are pretty confident with my abilities in science so I'm predicted A*AAAA with A* in French.
I also have a lot ( A LOT) of work experience. Would that somehow make up for the borderline academics and UKCAT?
Also, is it worth considering the BMAT? I bought the revision guide and I find it easier than the UKCAT.
My school is also one of the worst performing so I do get the contextual flag and I can apply for some foundation year programmes..

Any advice on any unis that especially value work experience?
Starting school a half year late sounds like an extenuating circumstance to me! Best get in touch with universities you're already interested in to see if they agree. It could be that good A2 performance can eclipse your AS performance - but beware that you'll be needing that A in Chemistry! And to go from a D at AS to an A at A2 is very, very difficult indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I would consider dropping at least one of maths/physics to enable you to focus on your remaining subjects and maximise your chances of getting AAA or better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending