The Student Room Group

How to stop blushing when talking to guys?

When a really good-looking guy talks to me, I act polite and talk to them normally but I start blushing a lot for a few minutes and it's obvious as I'm very pale. It's really hard to hide it and basically screams 'I'm attracted to you' which is beyond embarrassing. Some will just joke about it and say 'you know you're blushing right?' which makes me go even more pink. How do I not blush so easily?
Reply 1
It gets to the point where I avoid talking to them, even though they seem so nice and I want to be friends with them, as I know if I talk to them, I'll start blushing when talking. I hate that.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
When a really good-looking guy talks to me, I act polite and talk to them normally but I start blushing a lot for a few minutes and it's obvious as I'm very pale. It's really hard to hide it and basically screams 'I'm attracted to you' which is beyond embarrassing. Some will just joke about it and say 'you know you're blushing right?' which makes me go even more pink. How do I not blush so easily?

Difficult one but make sure you keep talking to guys, I'm sure things will get easier. And (easier said than done, I blush a bit) relax, take it as a joke when people point it out to you
Reply 3
Original post by lamp-y
Difficult one but make sure you keep talking to guys, I'm sure things will get easier. And (easier said than done, I blush a bit) relax, take it as a joke when people point it out to you

yeah I'll try to keep talking to them, it only happens the first one or two times mostly when I meet someone new, after that, I get used to them so I stop blushing.
Wear a helmet ... this means committing to riding a bike everywhere.
Reply 5
It'll only get better by forcing yourself to confront your fear, so basically headhunting more hot guys! Try and focus on the conversation and how the other person reacts etc. instead of on you and how you're being perceived.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending