The Student Room Group

Doctor sexually molests patients under anesthesia! Be alert, Ladies and gentlemen!

Why I mentioned gentleman in the title is I meant of the ladies husbands, brother and so on.

Published on Feb 26, 2014

Canadian doctor George Doodnaught, has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for sexually assaulting 21 patients under his care while they were under sedation.

The victims, aged 25 to 74, testified in court that they were conscious when Dood kissed, fondled and assaulted them, but they were unable to move, according to the BBC. All but one of the attacks occurred at North York General Hospital in Toronto.

The assaults mainly took place between 2006 and 2010, and were mostly concealed from other hospital staff only by a surgical drape.

During the trial, the Doodnaught's attorney argued that none of it happened, and it was the sedatives had made the victims dream they had been sexually assaulted.

Hwever, Superior Court Justice David McCombs said that the doctor's "reprehensible conduct must be condemned in the strongest terms."

Many of Doodnaught's victims were in court during his sentencing and wept, according to several media reports.

Doodnaught an employee at the hospital where the attacks occurred for more than two decades. When he was arrested in 2010, hospital chief of staff Dr. David White said it was possible for an anaesthesiologist be alone with a patient.

Doodnaught's attorney has said he plans to appeal against his conviction, which was delivered in November.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:eek:

How did the victims prove that they were being violated?
Doodnaught is that even a real name? he looks South Asian.
Reply 3
Original post by FerrisWheeler

Found it on youtube and wanted to share this!
Please be aware always people..My advise
Reply 4
Original post by kka25

Maybe it was caught in the camera? Hospital cameras
Reply 5
Original post by Sena5
Maybe it was caught in the camera? Hospital cameras

Hope that's true.
Reply 6
Original post by kka25
Hope that's true.

I feel sorry for the patient. They wouldn't of felt the doctor doing such a thing as they are patients. They would of worried a lot, isn't it?
Sick doctor!
Reply 7
Original post by Sena5
I feel sorry for the patient. They wouldn't of felt the doctor doing such a thing as they are patients. They would of worried a lot, isn't it?
Sick doctor!

It is. One puts a lot of trust to someone and this is how they ended up? It's just not fair ...
Reply 8
Original post by kka25
It is. One puts a lot of trust to someone and this is how they ended up? It's just not fair ...

Damn I hate such doctors! Everyone respects doctors equal to god as they save lives but, these types of doctors ruin everything :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by kka25
Funny isn't it? Normally if I asked the GP why I needed to take medicine so and so; the GP would just laugh at me and all I needed to do was shut up and take the prescription.

What are you trying to say?
Original post by Sena5
Damn I hate such doctors! Everyone respects doctors equal to god as they save lives but, these types of doctors ruin everything :frown:

On the news today.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-29206727
Disgusting.

Original post by FerrisWheeler

Here we go again with the "it's the south Asians".
Get a grip.
Reply 11
Original post by Sena5
What are you trying to say?

Ignore it. I'm having a slight fever at the moment :wink:
Tbh surprised this sort of thing doesn't crop up more often.

Suppose multiple unrelated complainants would be the only way to realize what was going on.
Reply 13
Care workers have been found to sexually abuse Alzheimers/dementia patients consistently in the UK but it's very rarely prominent in the news.
Reply 14
Original post by kka25
Ignore it. I'm having a slight fever at the moment :wink:

alright take care xx
Reply 15
Original post by Mackay
Care workers have been found to sexually abuse Alzheimers/dementia patients consistently in the UK but it's very rarely prominent in the news.

Something has to be done..The government has to do something..Atleast warn innocent people not to go to such hospitals and inform the good hospitals they could go..
Orelse best alternative is - Lady patients can be handled with female doctors and female nurses. And men patients can be handled with male doctors and male nurses
Reply 16
Original post by joey11223
Tbh surprised this sort of thing doesn't crop up more often.

Suppose multiple unrelated complainants would be the only way to realize what was going on.

This issue has to be dealt with otherwise it would cause serious problems to lives. See my post above to the other user
Reply 17
Google "Harold Shipman"if you want an example of british doctors completely abusing their authority..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Moksud
Google "Harold Shipman"if you want an example of british doctors completely abusing their authority..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope people dont go to such hospitals if it so bad
Original post by kka25

He would of been prosecuted because of the large number of claimants (at least 21) throughout the space of four years, and the primary evidence would have been their corroborative testimony.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest