The Student Room Group

when should I first come home from Uni?

I live in Northern Ireland and I will be attending a University in England.

I will be coming home at Christmas, but, I was wondering if there is anypoint coming home before that? Such as Halloween? I know that my Uni doesn't have halloween holidays so it will be quite tricky...

Any ideas?
Reply 1
I'd wait til Christmas personally. It gives you time to settle in and meet friends.
You might have a reading week about 5-6 weeks into term and when I was a fresher, lots of people went home for that.
Reply 3
Original post by cognito_08
You might have a reading week about 5-6 weeks into term and when I was a fresher, lots of people went home for that.

Northern Ireland is a long way from England, though. He can't just pop home.
If you are happy waiting until christmas then do that- completely up to you :smile:
Original post by Mackay
Northern Ireland is a long way from England, though. He can't just pop home.

Erm, with respect, a flight from NI to London is just over 1hr and if the OP books early, it won't be very expensive especially as it'll be off-peak season.
Reply 6
Original post by cognito_08
Erm, with respect, a flight from NI to London is just over 1hr and if the OP books early, it won't be very expensive especially as it'll be off-peak season.

I realise that, but popping home for a maximum of two days isn't worth a flight, is it?

Most universities don't incorporate reading weeks during the first semester anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest