The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Buckingham-Medicine Offer Holders 2015

:smile: come on guys, who are going to do this degree? Has anyone got an offer ?? Let's chat ~~ any concerns , pros and cons, expectation from UoB ?

Let's raise some voice and discuss...
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Buckingham Medical School? I've never even heard of it (there's a con)
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by curious_medic
Buckingham Medical School? I've never even heard of it (there's a con)

:biggrin: haha , dude , thx for your such honest opinion... anyone else???
Reply 3
Original post by abc12300
:smile: come on guys, who are going to do this degree? Has anyone got an offer ?? Let's chat ~~ any concerns , pros and cons, expectation from UoB ?

Let's raise some voice and discuss...

Yep, am there in Jan and actually really looking forward to it. You going ABC?
Fair point curious_medic, but it is only just starting up, give it some time.
Reply 4
Original post by user92

well, I will give it a try see what's it taste like ...but need to do ILETS , GCSE not recognised ...
Do really hope to see they can become more structured and competence in future
Reply 5
Original post by user92

University of Buckingham : check this out would you haha...:biggrin: , do really see some updates onto this haha ...
Reply 6
well, I will give it a try see what's it taste like ...but need to do ILETS , GCSE not recognised ...
Do really hope to see they can become more structured and competence in future

Fair enough - just looking to start and see how it goes, then if you don't like it leave and apply elsewhere? If you do, just be careful as I have seen some UK medical schools are hesitant to accept students whom started and dropped out of a different university.
I don't think it is very fair to say 'become more structured and competent', as we haven't seen how how structured/competent they are. Saying that, I think the structure will be good as they are using the Leicester curriculum - it is often praised due to the alteration of lecture structure which achieves more of what the GMC is looking for; as highlighted in the GMC 'Future Doctors' document. Nevertheless, it is very easy to sit here and speculate on their performance, I just hope it will be good as they advertise.
Reply 7
Original post by user92
Fair enough - just looking to start and see how it goes, then if you don't like it leave and apply elsewhere? If you do, just be careful as I have seen some UK medical schools are hesitant to accept students whom started and dropped out of a different university.
I don't think it is very fair to say 'become more structured and competent', as we haven't seen how how structured/competent they are. Saying that, I think the structure will be good as they are using the Leicester curriculum - it is often praised due to the alteration of lecture structure which achieves more of what the GMC is looking for; as highlighted in the GMC 'Future Doctors' document. Nevertheless, it is very easy to sit here and speculate on their performance, I just hope it will be good as they advertise.

Agreed ...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:....
Wow seems only rich people can amass that much money to go there.
'The fees will be £35,000 per annum'
Reply 9
Original post by TheNoobishKnight

absolutely agreed...they should have some sort of funding or scholarship to reduce the school fees...but currently not available - guessing probably they have spent quite a lot in preparation the MBchB course.
absolutely agreed...they should have some sort of funding or scholarship to reduce the school fees...but currently not available - guessing probably they have spent quite a lot in preparation the MBchB course.

Not going to be a option for me lol.
But good luck to all you guys, none the less :biggrin:
Original post by TheNoobishKnight

It's pretty much international fees as it's a private medical school.
Original post by joker12345
It's pretty much international fees as it's a private medical school.

Yup, I never knew it was that high, even for a private school. Well TBH it's a good investment if you do become a doctor(in the long run)
Reply 13
How many students will be starting altogether in Jan 2015? One site said 100 another said 66. I wonder how many international students?
Reply 14
Original post by ginas90
Hi,

I attended the September selection event and will be starting in January.

Has anyone sorted their accommodation yet?
I am not sure of where is the most convenient!

Thanks,
Gina

Congrats on your offer! I wouldn't worry too much about the accomodation. I understand that they put the law students at the accommodation closest to the law school, and will likely put the new med students close to the medical faculty. Even with the influx of new students in the medical faculty they seem confident that they can place everyone. The town is so small it doesn't really matter where you are placed - it won't be that far from your classes. Not sure that I'd want to be back in a residence again though.....!
Reply 15
Original post by arod
How many students will be starting altogether in Jan 2015? One site said 100 another said 66. I wonder how many international students?

70 in total, 69 firmed when I asked last time...its abt 50:50 split ish 38 British and the rest are internationals...
When do they hold their interviews, btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by smilepeople
When do they hold their interviews, btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Four times a year ...from past experience: Jan , April , July , Sep ...look on the website for latest update...
Four times a year ...from past experience: Jan , April , July , Sep ...look on the website for latest update...

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ginas90
Hi,

I attended the September selection event and will be starting in January.

Has anyone sorted their accommodation yet?
I am not sure of where is the most convenient!

Thanks,
Gina

Hey, I applied to buckingham as well. What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending