The Student Room Group

Can you NOT put every A-Level/GCSE/Whatever you've done on your UCAS Application?

You must enter all qualifications you have a result for, including any which were ungraded.
You must also enter any exams you’re waiting to take, and any qualifications for which you’re waiting results.
It’s important to include your full education history, including the most recent school, college or uni you’ve attended, or are attending.

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/filling-your-application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
You must enter all qualifications you have a result for, including any which were ungraded.
You must also enter any exams you’re waiting to take, and any qualifications for which you’re waiting results.
It’s important to include your full education history, including the most recent school, college or uni you’ve attended, or are attending.

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/filling-your-application

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if, I am planning to miss out on exams for A2 maths? The school signs me up for it but I won't be sitting it because I achieved the highest grade possible for it already. Will I have to declare this?
Original post by peterith
What if, I am planning to miss out on exams for A2 maths? The school signs me up for it but I won't be sitting it because I achieved the highest grade possible for it already. Will I have to declare this?

Your situation sounds very strange......
I don't want to guess what you should do. I suggest either:
- Talk to the ucas coordinator at your school
- Contact ucas through their website and ask for advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by gdunne42
Your situation sounds very strange......
I don't want to guess what you should do. I suggest either:
- Talk to the ucas coordinator at your school
- Contact ucas through their website and ask for advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked them on Facebook and they said I have to enter it on my application. :frown: Should I include in my personal statement that I won't be sitting it?
I asked them on Facebook and they said I have to enter it on my application. :frown: Should I include in my personal statement that I won't be sitting it?

I don't understand why your school is entering you for exams you don't need to take? Can't that be sorted out?
The personal statement should be a positive description of why you should be offered a place on the course. I wouldn't waste space in it explaining why you are not taking the exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This shouldn't be a problem in the first place :tongue: . But, if you are worried about it, your reference section which is filled in by your teachers is better suited for this information :yep:
Reply 7
Original post by Nirgilis
This shouldn't be a problem in the first place :tongue: . But, if you are worried about it, your reference section which is filled in by your teachers is better suited for this information :yep:

You think if I already got A* for a subject they won't ask for it again right? :smile:
Reply 8
I did not disclose exams I was ungraded for (Geography) and there was no consequences. As long as there is nothing suspicious to look for, don't expect Ucas to ask all the exam boards EVERY students' registration data.
Reply 9

If you're 100% not sitting the exam, then there I don't see how there can be any repercussions for not putting that in the UCAS application. It is just the school's mistake foe entering you in that case.
Also, I would tell the school that you're not sitting - that's not for the purpose of UCAS though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending