The Student Room Group

Should I do maths A2?

I'm doing chemistry, biology and German as my other subjects.

I want to study medicine and I'm applying to Nottingham/Liverpool/Cardiff and Bristol with AS grades AAABC in bio/chem/German/French and maths.

With maths I got BBD in the modules and I think statistics (the D module) let me down... after it all I got 204/300 UMS so I was about 3 marks off a B.

I've been told if you resit AS you can't go up and you can only improve your A2 grade... if this is the case I will probably carry on maths, if not I'm not sure what to do... any advice guys?? :/
Original post by WishIHadRevised
I'm doing chemistry, biology and German as my other subjects.

I want to study medicine and I'm applying to Nottingham/Liverpool/Cardiff and Bristol with AS grades AAABC in bio/chem/German/French and maths.

With maths I got BBD in the modules and I think statistics (the D module) let me down... after it all I got 204/300 UMS so I was about 3 marks off a B.

I've been told if you resit AS you can't go up and you can only improve your A2 grade... if this is the case I will probably carry on maths, if not I'm not sure what to do... any advice guys?? :/

This is great :lol: I did the same subjects! Except French.

I would say drop Maths at A2 but resit the AS modules only so you have a better AS grade. But you have 5 A-levels so you don't really need to do so. AAAB are good grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending