The Student Room Group

HELP!

Hi guys, Im in year 12 and im studying psychology religious studies art and business studies.. when do I submit my ucas form is it once I get my as grades? . Also I am planning on dropping business next year do I still need to put it on the form??? Will they reject me knowing that I did business cos im just doing it as a "filler"or do they just look at 3
thank u
Original post by artymaniac
Hi guys, Im in year 12 and im studying psychology religious studies art and business studies.. when do I submit my ucas form is it once I get my as grades? . Also I am planning on dropping business next year do I still need to put it on the form??? Will they reject me knowing that I did business cos im just doing it as a "filler"or do they just look at 3
thank u

This time next year, up until Jan 15th

You must declare ALL qualifications

They are pretty used to people starting out with 4 subjects and dropping to 3 for A2. It's the norm. Not sure why you think otherwise

Reply 2
sorry im rubbish at this stuff . Do u think that if they see business studies they would be less likely to take me even though I will drop it?
Original post by Carnationlilyrose

This time next year, up until Jan 15th

You must declare ALL qualifications

They are pretty used to people starting out with 4 subjects and dropping to 3 for A2. It's the norm. Not sure why you think otherwise

sorry im rubbish at this stuff . Do u think that if they see business studies they would be less likely to take me even though I will drop it?

Do you mean, do they have a prejudice, as you seem to have, against business studies? No.
Reply 4
Oh because that would mean 2/4 of my as levels are "soft subjects" so I would have thought they would be less likely to take me on regardless of my predicted grades
Do you mean, do they have a prejudice, as you seem to have, against business studies? No.
Oh because that would mean 2/4 of my as levels are "soft subjects" so I would have thought they would be less likely to take me on regardless of my predicted grades

What are you applying for? They won't be very interested in the subject you dropped in any case.
Reply 6
im applying for psychology and for the ucas form I have to write all 4 subjects so what im saying is that will it be ok for me to have 2 as subjects on the application form that are soft? and then for my full a levels I will have only 1 soft subject (art)I just thought that they would reject me because of business and art at as
What are you applying for? They won't be very interested in the subject you dropped in any case.
im applying for psychology and for the ucas form I have to write all 4 subjects so what im saying is that will it be ok for me to have 2 as subjects on the application form that are soft? and then for my full a levels I will have only 1 soft subject (art)I just thought that they would reject me because of business and art at as

You'll be fine. Don't leave anything off the form. It's regarded as fraud and treated very seriously by universities.
Reply 8
so my subjects are ok right? thanks
You'll be fine. Don't leave anything off the form. It's regarded as fraud and treated very seriously by universities.
so my subjects are ok right? thanks

Pretty standard stuff for psychology, really. Universities are far less picky about that than TSR seems to believe. If you go down the 'labelling subjects as 'soft' route', then as psych is a soft subject, they are in no position to be snooty about other 'soft' subjects. Much of the fuss is pure nonsense.
(edited 9 years ago)
thanks for ur help I was panicking cos I thought my subjects wouldn't be accepted for ucas but now I know they are ok thanks for reassuring me.. and is it based on the as grades they accept you into a conditional offer
Pretty standard stuff for psychology, really.
thanks for ur help I was panicking cos I thought my subjects wouldn't be accepted for ucas but now I know they are ok thanks for reassuring me.. and is it based on the as grades they accept you into a conditional offer

Offers are based on predicted grades, which in turn are mostly, but not entirely, based on AS grades.
Thanks again much appreciated! have a nice evening :-)
Offers are based on predicted grades, which in turn are mostly, but not entirely, based on AS grades.
Thanks again much appreciated! have a nice evening :-)

No prob. Good luck with your application:smile:.

Quick Reply