The Student Room Group

Further Maths with GCSE grade A

I've just started sixth form and I'm doing normal AS Level maths along with the three sciences. Until next week we still have the opportunity to change our courses.

I really enjoy maths and I'd like to change further maths AS level. However, I only got an A at GCSE whereas my two friends who are doing FM got A*s.

So my question is, would I be able to do further maths and get a good grade with only an A at GCSE, if I were to do enough revision and work outside of lessons.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Yes
Reply 2
Long as you have the interest/willing to put the effort in. GCSE grade doesn't define your A-level performance :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by billyt
I've just started sixth form and I'm doing normal AS Level maths along with the three sciences. Until next week we still have the opportunity to change our courses.

I really enjoy maths and I'd like to change further maths AS level. However, I only got an A at GCSE whereas my two friends who are doing FM got A*s.

So my question is, would I be able to do further maths and get a good grade with only an A at GCSE, if I were to do enough revision and work outside of lessons.

Thanks in advance :smile:

I'm doing FM and I got a B at GCSE 2 years ago. As long as you practice a lot and understand the topics you'll do fine.
i'm doing further maths with only an A at gcse and while it can be quite disheartening with everyone around you getting A*s in maths AND A*^ in further maths GCSE, i've decided not to let that hinder me or make me believe i'm not capable. i'm thoroughly enjoying the lessons at the moment and understand everything so far. i'm sure you will too if you enjoy maths and put the effort in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks with the responses. I think I'll change to it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest