The Student Room Group

Sky Graduate Scheme 2015

For anyone applying to the Sky Graduate scheme for entry next year.

I'm planning on applying to Strategy, I've mostly finished my answers to the additional questions, and now I'm working on my cover letter.

I'd love to hear from someone currently on the Strategy programme!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey Tvlover, yes I'm applying too, but for the marketing scheme.

Have you found any previous threads re advice for the application process?

Do you know how the selection process is structured?
Reply 2
Funny enough, I've now decided on the Marketing scheme. After more research, i just think it aligns a lot better with my interests.

Ive gone through their website quite a bit and read the last two years threads on here. It seems your usual grad scheme application. Form, Telephone then Assesment Centre, since I dont think Marketing do any tests (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

When are you planning on submitting your application? I've been hoping to get it done for a while, but working full time isnt helping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
There's quite a lot of helpful info on targetjobs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by TheBane

Do you know how the selection process is structured?

Not sure if i have to quote you for you to be notified?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Same, I have also applied for the Marketing Scheme! Although I applied almost two weeks ago, I haven't heard anything back from them yet. I don't think they will reply until the application deadline as I applied last year as well and was only notified in November/December. Good luck to you guys!
Reply 6
Original post by TVLover
Funny enough, I've now decided on the Marketing scheme. After more research, i just think it aligns a lot better with my interests.

Ive gone through their website quite a bit and read the last two years threads on here. It seems your usual grad scheme application. Form, Telephone then Assesment Centre, since I dont think Marketing do any tests (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

When are you planning on submitting your application? I've been hoping to get it done for a while, but working full time isnt helping.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I initially wanted to apply for the finance role too, but the marketing one seems a lot more 'fun' and does have quite a lot of variety. Im planning to submit it by the end of this week hopefully!.

Thank god theres none of those annoying psychometric tests for this role. Hate those things!
Reply 7
Original post by ekta9
Same, I have also applied for the Marketing Scheme! Although I applied almost two weeks ago, I haven't heard anything back from them yet. I don't think they will reply until the application deadline as I applied last year as well and was only notified in November/December. Good luck to you guys!

Thanks, good luck to you too.

You mind me asking what happened to your application last year?
Reply 8
Original post by TheBane
Thanks, good luck to you too.

You mind me asking what happened to your application last year?

I wasn't successful after my initial application unfortunately!
Reply 9
Original post by ekta9
I wasn't successful after my initial application unfortunately!

did they provide any feedback as to why?
Reply 10
Original post by TheBane
did they provide any feedback as to why?

No they didn't, just said they received a large volume of applications :/
Original post by ekta9
No they didn't, just said they received a large volume of applications :/

Hey guys, I'm currently completing my application for the Strategy grad scheme, but I've accidentally gone to the final summary page without finishing dome of the questions. I've got no idea how to go back and edit previous sections can anyone help me!? :s-smilie: Thanks!
Reply 12
"Strategy"...?

How can a bunch of graduates be directing the strategy of Sky?

I smell a buzz word being used to lure in young talent :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by loumister
Hey guys, I'm currently completing my application for the Strategy grad scheme, but I've accidentally gone to the final summary page without finishing dome of the questions. I've got no idea how to go back and edit previous sections can anyone help me!? :s-smilie: Thanks!

Hey, I can't quite remember the layout of the application, but you should be able to click on the boxes above that say 'Education', 'Work experiences' etc.? Sorry I can't quite remember but I'm pretty sure you can go back and edit stuff! Or call up the recruitment to check with them :smile:
I've applied for Marketing; I submitted my application in late September... has anyone heard anything yet? The suspense is driving me insane :frown:
Original post by ekta9
Hey, I can't quite remember the layout of the application, but you should be able to click on the boxes above that say 'Education', 'Work experiences' etc.? Sorry I can't quite remember but I'm pretty sure you can go back and edit stuff! Or call up the recruitment to check with them :smile:

Thanks for replying! But I still have no idea to go and edit my sections! the deadline for application is approaching as well! I've attached a pic of what's on my screen and there are no 'edit' buttons next to any sections. Sooooo annoying :angry:
Reply 16
I applied a couple of weeks ago to the Strategy programme. Has anyone heard back from them yet? Would be nice to know how long they take to get back to applicants.
Reply 17
Finally applied. Right on time! Anyone heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by TVLover
Finally applied. Right on time! Anyone heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was successful in the initial application and invited to take the numerical test about 2 weeks after I applied. Though, some of the schemes don't require online tests I believe.

I took that test last week and I am now waiting to hear back from them to see if I get a telephone interview. They said in their email that they will be in touch in a few weeks.
Reply 19
Good luck then! I guess we all just have to wait and see now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest