The Student Room Group

I went from BBCC to A*A*A ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How? explain?
First of all congrats. Secondly what subjects did you do? Thirdly what's your degree and what university? Lastly how long did you revise per day?
Why do you think this makes you special? Anybody who studies A-levels can do that, if they can be assed to put the work in.
Also, how come you only got BBCC in the first year?
Could you go from BCDE (all very close to the next grade up) to A*AA?
Reply 6
Do two C's make an A?
Reply 7
Original post by grassntai
First of all congrats. Secondly what subjects did you do? Thirdly what's your degree and what university? Lastly how long did you revise per day?

Bio (dropped at as), chem, phys and maths
chemical engineering
uni of birmingham
5 hours (three in school)
Original post by Nangnang
Could you go from BCDE (all very close to the next grade up) to A*AA?

Of course you can, if you get off this website and do some work, instead of asking pointless questions. There's no technical barrier stopping you from resitting and getting any grade you want as long as you just do the work.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pectorac
Of course you can, if you get off this webiste and do some work, instead of asking pointless questions. There's no technical barrier stopping you from resitting and getting any grade you want as long as you just do the work.

Oh those aren't my grades, I was asking for a friend, one who doesn't use the site. But if he did that would indeed be sound advice :tongue: so thank you.
When you say you revise three hours in school , are those you free periods ?
I'm assuming you resat your AS levels? You need an A at AS to get an A* at A2...
Did you revise all year, or start closer to exams?
Reply 13
well done plus please share how you managed your time. Did you have part time job etc?
Original post by BarackObama
I'm assuming you resat your AS levels? You need an A at AS to get an A* at A2...

No you don't
WHO?WHAT?WHEN?WHERE?HOW?!
Congratulations but it's kind of hard to believe seen as you got BBCC the previous year. Are you trying to troll us into doing something stupid?
Reply 16
Did you resit? Because then thats a different story. Congratz! :smile:
Original post by plasmaman
No you don't

Yes you do. You need 80% minimum at AS for a subject and 90% minimum at A2 to achieve an A* grade for a subject. This is listed in many TSR forums and official board websites.
Original post by BarackObama

No you don't, you need a B at AS. You need 80% in the whole A-level with 90% in the A2 units. If you got 210/300 in AS at a B, and 270/300 in A2, added together that would be 480/600 which is 80% in the whole A-level and 90% in the A2 units, so you'd get an A*.
Original post by FireFreak
Yes you do. You need 80% minimum at AS for a subject and 90% minimum at A2 to achieve an A* grade for a subject. This is listed in many TSR forums and official board websites.

80% across the whole A-Level not the AS, so 60% at AS and 100% at A2 becomes an A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending