The Student Room Group

Lost my friends because I support UKIP

Its not fair, i thought friends are friends always and that you wouldnt treat another person differently just because theyre not the same. If i wish to support ukip, i have a right to, a right as a british citizen. But my friends turned on me.

To start with we fell out a bit because of our opposing views on europe, which shouldnt be more than a bit of banter between friends, so this never seemed to be a problem. When they found out i went to meetings though they started getting very critical.

I wanted to fit in with some of the others id met at party meetings so i shaved my hair off and they just looked at me like they see me as some one who doesnt belong here because hes different to them. Im disgusted that theyd be like this.

I tried to help them understand by inviting them to one of our marches through a london council estate and apparently enough is enough and now they want nothing to do with me.

Its only my views, is it really that big a deal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your friends are pretty stupid for leaving you just because you have a different opinion.
Don't worry about it.
Try to discuss with them even further if you have to. If they're not, then they're not your good friends at all.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Its not fair, i thought friends are friends always and that you wouldnt treat another person differently just because theyre not the same. If i wish to support ukip, i have a right to, a right as a british citizen. But my friends turned on me.

To start with we fell out a bit because of our opposing views on europe, which shouldnt be more than a bit of banter between friends, so this never seemed to be a problem. When they found out i went to meetings though they started getting very critical.

I wanted to fit in with some of the others id met at party meetings so i shaved my hair off and they just looked at me like they see me as some one who doesnt belong here because hes different to them. Im disgusted that theyd be like this.

I tried to help them understand by inviting them to one of our marches through a london council estate and apparently enough is enough and now they want nothing to do with me.

What kind of friends care about someones political views?:troll:
Reply 3
Original post by Coxy124

Better question - what kind of parties want you to go bald? Sounds more like a cult!
Reply 4
For your first two paragraphs you were completely right. For the last two, it sounds like your part of the EDF and likely attempting to intimidate the people living on the estate.
Reply 5
They sound like typical libtards. Get proper friends.
"It's the Muslamic LAAAAW."

Posted from TSR Mobile
It sounds like they thought you where turning into a skinhead.

Actually, it sounds like you've turned into a skinhead.

Politics are important, it can make or break a friendship, it's the stuff that makes up the world we live in.
Original post by Coxy124

Friends who care about the future of the country maybe? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DasSnipez

Politics are important, it can make or break a friendship, it's the stuff that makes up the world we live in.

Reminded me of

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hitashami

Invalid attachment.
If i wish to support ukip, i have a right to, a right as a british citizen.

And if they wish to not be friends with you, they have a right to.
Original post by Rakas21
For your first two paragraphs you were completely right. For the last two, it sounds like your part of the EDF and likely attempting to intimidate the people living on the estate.

Well I hear they have great energy prices.
Original post by Rakas21

I legit heard he was this guy
Original post by DasSnipez

he shaved his head to fit in... hes joined a racist skinhead cult.. I don't blame your friends. UKIP may seem legit but they appeal to racists for a reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I told my fb any ukip supporters could delete me please.
Would do again.
Ukip aren't friends.

Edit- having reread your last two paragraphs make it even worse. Ew.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Waka Flocka
he shaved his head to fit in... hes joined a racist skinhead cult.. I don't blame your friends. UKIP may seem legit but they appeal to racists for a reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate that this is a thing.

I shave my head because I'm going bald, I look ****ing ridiculous otherwise.

Though inviting them on a march is pretty dumb of someone that doesn't want to be wholly associated with politics, your friends sound like arses. I would be embarrassed if a friend or family member of mine voted for them, but I wouldn't disown them, everyone has a right to their political views - however wrong they are.

Sincerely a Europhilic Lib Dem member :smile:

Note: I would probably draw the line at voting BNP/Sharing 'Britain First'-type posts on Facebook though - it's been such a helpful tool in removing racists from my friends list, I'm very appreciative. I don't think racism is a tolerable political position/social attitude and thus couldn't associate myself with people that don't think that way. I don't deem UKIP a racist party, just one that happens to draw some support from some racist contingents, but, by and large, owe their success to populist rhetoric and general dissatisfaction.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Inazuma
I told my fb any ukip supporters could delete me please.
Would do again.
Ukip aren't friends.

Edit- having reread your last two paragraphs make it even worse. Ew.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The problem I find with UKIP is that some of the people who vote for them have no idea what they are getting into.

I've known 3 people who have voted for UKIP, they have all been perfectly nice people but they are all idiots.

Good as gold, stupid as mud.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending