The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you are asking this question then something most likely will happen :rolleyes:

Personally i would count a kiss as cheating. But guess it depends on how your girlfriend views it
Reply 2
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
If you are asking this question then something most likely will happen :rolleyes:

Personally i would count a kiss as cheating. But guess it depends on how your girlfriend views it

haha, I'm just paranoid over my own actions
Reply 3
Hate it when people consider "cheating" as a physical act such as kissing or sex.

Cheating in reality is a frame of mind.

If you are genuinely feeling (as in not just a slight down period where you've had an argument) as if you don't like you're girlfriend anymore and that you wanna **** / kiss / spit roast some other girl and wouldn't have a problem with it, then you're essentially acting as if you're single and not her boyfriend anymore - essentially betraying their trust / cheating.

If you feel as if there's limitations in your relationship that are holding you back either find a way to resolve them or finish with her, it's literally that simple.
Original post by Omega3!
Hate it when people consider "cheating" as a physical act such as kissing or sex.

If you are genuinely feeling (as in not just a slight down period where you've had an argument) as if you don't like you're girlfriend anymore and that you wanna **** / kiss / spit roast some other girl and wouldn't have a problem with it, then you're essentially acting as if you're single and not her boyfriend anymore - essentially betraying their trust / cheating.

If you feel as if there's limitations in your relationship that are holding you back either find a way to resolve them or finish with her, it's literally that simple.

I agree with this but am out of +1's.
Original post by Omega3!

That is too broad in my opinion. It is perfectly natural to look at others from time to time and find them attractive. It might be unwelcome to one or both in a relationship, but it will happen. Young people especially tend to want to experiment with different people, or certainly wonder about it. That doesn't mean by default that they want to act on it and don't value what they have already.
Reply 6
Original post by Domestrella
That is too broad in my opinion. It is perfectly natural to look at others from time to time and find them attractive. It might be unwelcome to one or both in a relationship, but it will happen. Young people especially tend to want to experiment with different people, or certainly wonder about it. That doesn't mean by default that they want to act on it and don't value what they have already.

Your response is completely unrelated to what I said though.

I didn't say that if you look at someone and think that they're attractive that you're cheating.

I said that if you're looking at someone and would legitimately commit acts that you'd only do with your partner and have no problems doing so (I.e. having the mindset of a single person) then that's a cheating frame of mind as you're acting like you're not in a relationship when you are in one.

When I was with my ex-girlfriend I looked at other girls and thought that they were attractive but I would never think to act intimately with them because if it were to happen, it would be a huge betrayal to my girlfriend and we'd both have a problem with that.
X, X, left left, R2
When my mate unplugs my controller whilst I'm through on goal on FIFA, or he pauses the game.
Original post by Anonymous
haha, I'm just paranoid over my own actions

if you actually liked your girlfriend you wouldn't consider cheating.
Original post by Omega3!

This is truth
Coitus:Physical union of male and female genitalia accompanied by rhythmic movements usually leading to the ejaculation of semen from the penis into the female reproductive tract.
Anal.
Reply 13
If you have to ask you might as well just end it now.
Original post by Omega3!
Your response is completely unrelated to what I said though.

Yes sorry I read it incorrectly as separate things rather than a connected set of overall circumstances.
Different county, different rules.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm off to freshers soon, but have a girlfriend.

Cheating is such a big dramatic thing, and I'd feel the need to tell her... but what counts as cheating? Like would a quick kiss really be worth telling her about?

Hopefully nothing will happen though haha

You should leave her, before you cheat and not break her heart further if you are feeling like being unfaithful.

What would count as cheating? I'd say sex, making out with someone, going out with someone else who you also have romantic relationship with especially if you don't tell her about it.

If you were to get a friend that is a girl, then you better hang out all together, don't do it in secret and keep her aware of what exactly is going on between you two. Either way most girls won't approve that and get jelly.
kissing is cheating...
Breathing in the presence of another without letting me know.
Good general rule to go by - if you wonder whether it's cheating it probably is.

Latest

Trending

Trending