The Student Room Group

Deferral Request

Hello,

While I thought I was ready to start my course this September,a sudden sicknessin the family is making me consider requesting for deferral. In other words, Ineed to take care of the sick person.

If the Admission tutor refuses my request for any reason, would it mean I willlose my admission for this year as well? I am not sure, if I am able to make adeferral request just short of the start of the term .Is there a deadline fordeferral application? Please reply ,if you have any info as soon as possible.Thanks in advance.

They probably won't refuse unless you're studying maths. I deferred just before term started, it's OK. It was a two minute telephone call and then a few emails to confirm. The sooner you call, the sooner you can stop worrying. Be honest about your reasons why.

If they refuse for any reason, then you'll be left with no choice but to reapply.
Reply 2
Original post by Getting_Started
They probably won't refuse unless you're studying maths. I deferred just before term started, it's OK. It was a two minute telephone call and then a few emails to confirm. The sooner you call, the sooner you can stop worrying. Be honest about your reasons why.

If they refuse for any reason, then you'll be left with no choice but to reapply.

Thank you so much. Your is much appreciated.
Wait if your deferral fails you have to completely reapply? I thought if it fails you either decide to go to the university or tell the university to release you and reapply again the following year? Please explain this to me as Im considering deferral.

Quick Reply

Latest