The Student Room Group

How much revision does everyone do after college?

Just wondering, I usually start revision/ homework etc after 7pm and sometimes 6pm till usually 9pm. On the odd occasion where i may stay till 11. But in between these hours I do have regular breaks and some times go off task for quite awhile (i should really keep my phone upstairs:s-smilie:)...

btw what i mean by revision is going over notes - reading them, re-writing them etc i learn better when i re-write notes and i really can't stick to timetables, i think its like the 5th i wrote this year and still haven't stuck to it, so i basically just revise some of the subjects i have for the next day(so i usually just do 2)....

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump:P
You have already started revising?! I didnt do any revision untill a week before my first exam for my A levels! The self discipline of some people amazes me.
Erm...only maths. Since I'm struggling with it so far. Otherwise, my mindset doesn't work revising that much this early. Need to get a bit more accustomed to A-level, but I know I will be revising them when I need to because I certainly didn't revise as much as I could have for GCSEs.

The step-up to AS is big. But A2 is much bigger from what I've heard.
Practically none. I feel ashamed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ELITE MATHS
You have already started revising?! I didnt do any revision untill a week before my first exam for my A levels! The self discipline of some people amazes me.

yes i have started revising over some notes, specially biology cause there is already a lot of stuff to learn and i got a test coming up, to determine my progress:s-smilie: I don't want to do the same mistake i did for school - starting revision just a couple of days before the exams - some even the day before! btw... i got disappointing gcse results, so i need to make up for them :smile:
Reply 6
I didn't do any revision or pretty much any work outside class until exam time.
Reply 7
Original post by HeskeyLAD
Erm...only maths. Since I'm struggling with it so far. Otherwise, my mindset doesn't work revising that much this early. Need to get a bit more accustomed to A-level, but I know I will be revising them when I need to because I certainly didn't revise as much as I could have for GCSEs.

The step-up to AS is big. But A2 is much bigger from what I've heard.

yes, this is why i am revising already over some subjects so i don't get behind and then the next lesson just start daydreaming cause i don't have a clue what the teacher is on about.. :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by RobertWhite

well if i would be able to get a's in all my subjects without revising or only revision until exam time .. then i wouldn't be doing it :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Edminzodo
Practically none. I feel ashamed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:tongue:
Original post by Kitty-meaw
yes, this is why i am revising already over some subjects so i don't get behind and then the next lesson just start daydreaming cause i don't have a clue what the teacher is on about.. :tongue:

lol i just naturally have that problem anyway, most of the time i daydream

Which explains why teachers like picking me just after they've explained something to explain back to the rest of the class.
Original post by HeskeyLAD
lol i just naturally have that problem anyway, most of the time i daydream

Which explains why teachers like picking me just after they've explained something to explain back to the rest of the class.

yup, and the most awkward moment when you can't even remember the last thing they have said even when you were listening :rolleyes:
Original post by RobertWhite

good for you then, if you got the high results you wanted then luck you! unfortunately doesn't work for me that way.. so i need to go over my notes early and everyday/ every other day
Reply 13
Original post by Kitty-meaw
Just wondering, I usually start revision/ homework etc after 7pm and sometimes 6pm till usually 9pm. On the odd occasion where i may stay till 11. But in between these hours I do have regular breaks and some times go off task for quite awhile (i should really keep my phone upstairs:s-smilie:)...

btw what i mean by revision is going over notes - reading them, re-writing them etc i learn better when i re-write notes and i really can't stick to timetables, i think its like the 5th i wrote this year and still haven't stuck to it, so i basically just revise some of the subjects i have for the next day(so i usually just do 2)....

:smile:

Right so what you do is: Screw the breaks within the 1 hour. Take away all distractions, ONE hour of solid dedicated revision. Once you have achieved your hour, go for a 15-20 minutes break. *REPEAT 4 times a day.
PS. Don't use your phone at all during your 4 hours.
Original post by lilseez
Right so what you do is: Screw the breaks within the 1 hour. Take away all distractions, ONE hour of solid dedicated revision. Once you have achieved your hour, go for a 15-20 minutes break. *REPEAT 4 times a day.

yup, that is true, it is going to be challenging un-attaching myself from the phone but it needs to be done! :tongue:

thank you so much for the advice and tips though - will start with them tomorrow :smile:
Reply 15
Not enough :sad:
I tend to work through my lunch break, and don't do any work once the school day is over
I thought the step from As to A2 was nothing compared to gcse to As. Core3 is the best thing ive ever done at school! And having done the A2 modules makes retaking As modules (c1 in my case) much easier.
Original post by lilseez

Unecessary unless you want 4 A*s IMO
I burn out too fast if I start this early. Started revision for AS about 10 weeks before exams, with about two/three hours a day. Hit five/six hours in my peak, and I still had to go into sixth form each day.

Quick Reply

Latest