The Student Room Group

Car accident advice.

Need serious advice.I was going through an intersection and since the traffic was stopped the rear of my car was perhaps slightly on the intersection after proceding onto the road. A car on the other road at 90 degrees clipped my bumper with its doors.The car did not stop and just fled.What am I supposed to do about this? Fix it myself or tell the cops and or insurance?
Reply 1
Original post by MsCourtney
Need serious advice.I was going through an intersection and since the traffic was stopped the rear of my car was perhaps slightly on the intersection after proceding onto the road. A car on the other road at 90 degrees clipped my bumper with its doors.The car did not stop and just fled.What am I supposed to do about this? Fix it myself or tell the cops and or insurance?

Did you get its registration. Tell the cops and insurance company for advice. Seek access to available CCTV footage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Oh look who it is again. I advise you to never drive again since this is what the 5th accident you have been in and they always seem to be your fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It's the worlds most **** driver EVER.

Was it insured this time?

What on earth are you here asking advice for? You're surely the worlds foremost expert on this subject by now???
Reply 4
Original post by Hertz
Did you get its registration. Tell the cops and insurance company for advice. Seek access to available CCTV footage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately I only got the registration number partially but I do know the car type and its not extremely common.
Reply 5
Original post by kumori
Oh look who it is again. I advise you to never drive again since this is what the 5th accident you have been in and they always seem to be your fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would this be my fault?

You should only cross an intersection if your exit is clear.
Reply 7
Original post by mikeyd85
You should only cross an intersection if your exit is clear.

I get what you mean but I was moving while I was crossing the intersection but then the traffic stopped. Why would the other car not stop if its my fault then? And should I report it or fix it myself? I hit a car once when parking and left (I know that's not a nice thing to do) and never had any consequences.
I get what you mean but I was moving while I was crossing the intersection but then the traffic stopped.

So you started crossing before your exit was clear.

Why would the other car not stop if its my fault then?

:dontknow:

Maybe their time is worth more than their money. Maybe they had music on so loud they didn't notice. Maybe they thought they were to blame and tried to get away with it.

And should I report it or fix it myself? s.

I'd fix the damage myself if I were you, assuming it was cost efficient. I probably wouldn't report it if I were at fault and the other driver left the scene of the incident.

I hit a car once when parking and left (I know that's not a nice thing to do) and never had any consequences.

Total dick move.
If there was a slight damage your car would be made a cat d, you would have to declare the claim for future policies for the next 5 years. At the end you will have a devalued cat d car and more expensive insurance policies, which would eat up all the claim money you gained if there is any left over.

this is why I will be getting a cam for front and rear

Reply 10
I get what you mean but I was moving while I was crossing the intersection but then the traffic stopped. Why would the other car not stop if its my fault then? And should I report it or fix it myself? I hit a car once when parking and left (I know that's not a nice thing to do) and never had any consequences.

Well then. I think you should deal with itm if you hit other peoples cars and just leave. Then you deserve it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest