The Student Room Group

Am I being Catfished?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Fitz
Cheers mate, I have actually done the good image reverse search and nothings came up which is a positive sign. I'll post some pics of her here so you can judge better.

What do you think? Does she look like someone that would really be on an online dating site? Maybe i'm just paranoid but something deep down tells me that something isn't right.

I have seen this girl way too many times online, im sorry bro, i think ur being jacked :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagyolo420
I have seen this girl way too many times online, im sorry bro, i think ur being jacked :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually im sure ive seen her on insta i think ill have a look for u

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Girls that good looking do not need to go trawling the septic tank of potential dates that POF represents. If she's genuine I'll be surprised.
Reply 44
Yeah found out yesterday she was fake. I just feel so empty right now, i've lost the girl of my dreams, or at least who I thought was the girl of my dreams and I feel like absolute crap. I now this is going to sound really shallow and pathetic but I don't think I can date another girl anymore, because I know for a fact they won't be anywhere near as beautiful as her and I had her image stuck in my head, I just feel any girl I do date now back in the real world won't compare unless they look like her and thats never happening ever. :frown:
Original post by Mr Fitz
Yeah found out yesterday she was fake. I just feel so empty right now, i've lost the girl of my dreams, or at least who I thought was the girl of my dreams and I feel like absolute crap. I now this is going to sound really shallow and pathetic but I don't think I can date another girl anymore, because I know for a fact they won't be anywhere near as beautiful as her and I had her image stuck in my head, I just feel any girl I do date now back in the real world won't compare unless they look like her and thats never happening ever. :frown:

Dude she aint even all that (she wears a lot of make up)😁 it happens to the best of us and when u find out, it really sucks.. But honestly you will move on, of course you will. PLENTY OF FISH IN THE SEA, at the end of the day, shes just another famous, fairly attractive young girl on the internet that youve never actually met, just like ariana grande, megan fox, we would never think to get in a relationship with them would we. You fell in love with pictures remember 😁(sorry if this comes out as rude, im just trying to cheer ya up) its not like you actually were in a relationship with a real girl for years and now its come to an end which is what actually happens to people as im sure you know, and they would have moved on, so you can too:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Nah I get theres plenty more fish in the sea but she was my perfect type of girl and exactly who i'd go for. I just feel like I can't date a regular chick now and I know that sounds bad but thats just how I feel.
Original post by zyzz u mirin?
Your method worked and I am impressed, but if someone downloaded the image and then reuploaded it you wouldn't be able to use google reverse etc. to trace back.

Only if the catfish is an entire plank and does this a smart one would not allow the image to be traced back though..

Plotwist you are OP's imaginary girlfriend lolwut

I did not know that, so that's new to me!

And I might be :K:
you are totally being played.I bet it's some kind of financial scheme
I agree. Money is the motive here. She was getting you ready to send her the airfare plus expenses lol. Probably a Nigerian kid sat in his mum's bedroom in Neasden or somewhere.
Seems FISHY to me hahahahahahaha I'll see myself out
Original post by Mr Fitz

Don't worry about it man, I've been in a position like that and believe it or not you will fall in love again. When you find that girl you will love her personality and it will just make you fall in love even more, I know you may not think it now but trust me a girl will walk into your life one of these days. It will just take time to get over this but I you will do. Best of luck mate.
Seems very likely a catfish. Why would a girl that perfect be on a dating site to begin with?

Plus the whole broken Webcam, no social media thing.

What's her Facebook like? Does she seem to have genuine friends? Or are all her friends males from various locations?
Original post by Mr Fitz
So i've been chatting to this girl from Los Angeles who I met on plenty of fish, she had her location as London which I why I got talking to her in the first place, however I then found out she is from Los Angeles. Normally I would forget it but the fact she was a stunner whos way out of my league and the fact she seemed interested in me meant I continued to chat to her and add her on facebook. Plus shes said she wants to come to London to study which is ideal for me and I'd love to go to Los Angeles so I definitely see a future with her. We have loads in common and I feel like i've really connected with her, I've developed stronger feelings for her these past few weeks and see my future with her.

I added her to facebook shortly after meeting her on POF and we've really hit it off, I spends hours talking to her every night and I just feel so at ease talking to her. However just recently alarm bells have started to sound, i've asked her if she has whatsapp, facetime, skype so we can cam to cam but she told me she has neither of those things and apparently her webcam is broken as well. She doesn't have IG or twitter she literally only has a facebook account because she said they're too much of a distraction and she needs to concentrate on her studies. Normally I wouldn't be too worried but shes not a regular looking bird so I find that odd that a girl thats as attractive as her would only have a facebook plus the act I have always thought it was weird that shes on an online dating site when she would have no problem at all finding a man, and i'm not exactly Brad Pitt! Maybe it's me being paranoid but I don't know, I just feel somethings not right about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll show you some pics later as well so you can see for yourself.

She's not the girl in pictures. That's why she won't turn on her cam for you.
Reply 54
Original post by Mr Fitz
Cheers mate, I have actually done the good image reverse search and nothings came up which is a positive sign. I'll post some pics of her here so you can judge better.

What do you think? Does she look like someone that would really be on an online dating site? Maybe i'm just paranoid but something deep down tells me that something isn't right.

Oh you're being catfished, that's for damn sure. No way can a girl be that good looking, and only have a Facebook account.
Reply 55
Original post by Mr Fitz

Mate you've been catfished. This girl has an Instagram profile and it's here http://instagram.com/golden_barbie?modal=true
Reply 56
Original post by SophiaLDN
Awkward. Sorry mate, that's Jasmine Sanders. She's a famous american model. I think she dated Chris Brown at one point. Here's her instagram & twitter :

http://instagram.com/golden_barbie

https://twitter.com/golden_barbie

Just seen this....daaaamn.
She is not legit, OP. Someone like that wouldn't be on a dating site and the 'my webcam is broken' is the most bull**** lie ever. It's 2014. Nobody has external webcams. You're not talking to the person in the pictures.

Ah, I didn't read the rest of the thread. Someone has already posted the real persons Instagram.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Adammartin95
Don't worry about it man, I've been in a position like that and believe it or not you will fall in love again. When you find that girl you will love her personality and it will just make you fall in love even more, I know you may not think it now but trust me a girl will walk into your life one of these days. It will just take time to get over this but I you will do. Best of luck mate.

Reall appreciate that mate and nice to know that you've been through the same thing and you've gotten over it, at least it shows i'm not the only one thats suffered and I know theres thousands of others out there who've had their hearts broken so I can't sit around feeling sorry for myself even though i'm absolutely wrecked by the whole thing. Thanks also to everyone else that helped me on here. :smile:
Original post by Monster Mnch
I did not know that, so that's new to me!

And I might be :K:

aw fuk bye?

Quick Reply

Latest