The Student Room Group

What uni will take me with my AS grades?

I am worrying alot about my university choices that i am applying for THIS YEAR. My As grades are CCE but i hoped for ABC/BBB. Obviously i was upset with myself but i knew i could have done better so this year i am really working hard doing all the work on time. I am considering applying for: Swansea (Physical Earth Science); Plymouth (Geology with Ocean Science); Keele (Geology with Physical Geography); Aberystwyth (Earth and environmental science) and/or Portsmouth/Bangor. I study Geography, Maths and the E in Psychology. I know i can get a B in maths and Geography (AT LEAST!) so i am retaking GEOG1, C1, C2 and PSYA1 :/ i know its alot but i need to do as well as i possibly can!! My question is that if i apply to these universities could i get an offer if my predicted grades are around BCC/BBC? My personal statement is relatively strong also if that may help at all. Thanks and any recommendation for other universities? i have my heart set on these though.
Reply 1
Your AS grades will play some part in the deliberation process by your uni as to whether they give you the offer or not, but to be fair predicted grades and teachers references about you play more of a part. Also if your personal statement blows it out the water then your chances increase significantly. It's not that you won't get an offer if your AS grades are lower than the entry requirements, it's a case of being realistic with yourself, can you see yourself getting those grades at A2? If you can apply, no ones stopping you, if you don't think you can look for lower entry Uni's :smile: But don't give up, what I'd do is have a mixture of the ones you have your heart set on and the ones that require less to get into, that way the pressure is off a bit :smile:

Hope I helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi

At Swansea our Admissions Tutors will look closely at your predicted grades, your Referee's Report, and your Personal Statement. With the grades you mention, so long as the other two elements are strong, you'll probably get an offer. If the latter two are good but there's a question mark over the grades, they'll probably ask you along for an interview and decide after seeing you face to face. So, definitely worth putting us on the application. If in doubt pop along to one of the two autumn Open Days on Saturday 11th october and 1st November.

Good luck with your applications!
Reply 3
Original post by bmc
Hi

At Swansea our Admissions Tutors will look closely at your predicted grades, your Referee's Report, and your Personal Statement. With the grades you mention, so long as the other two elements are strong, you'll probably get an offer. If the latter two are good but there's a question mark over the grades, they'll probably ask you along for an interview and decide after seeing you face to face. So, definitely worth putting us on the application. If in doubt pop along to one of the two autumn Open Days on Saturday 11th october and 1st November.

Good luck with your applications!

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it alot! All i want at this moment is an offer, that will give me a huge boost of motivation to get down and go and destroy these exams at the end of the year and throughout the year.
Reply 4
bump
Reply 5
London Met maybe?
Reply 6
Original post by josh_v
London Met maybe?

Don't
Reply 7
Original post by josh_v
London Met maybe?

I am also considering West of England, Bristol uni? That doesn't look too bad. I don't want to go to London really nor a met university. I know i can do much better than what i have done...
Reply 8
Original post by YuS97
I am also considering West of England, Bristol uni? That doesn't look too bad. I don't want to go to London really nor a met university. I know i can do much better than what i have done...

Well UWE require 300 ucas points which I believe is 3 B's.

I guess it depends if what you can convince your tutors to predict for you...
Reply 9
Original post by josh_v
Well UWE require 300 ucas points which I believe is 3 B's.

I guess it depends if what you can convince your tutors to predict for you...

yea thats y i doubt it though. The rest of the unis i am exploring are 260-280 ish points. Except Swansea which i have my heart on but prob will get rejected :frown:
Reply 10
Also UWE ask for 280 points for my course anyway.... Any better chances or..? :/
Reply 11
Hi, I'd like to find out if university would consider my application based on my forecast or actual grades?
My forecast is BBCC (for AS) and my actual grades will be available in late January as I only sit for my actual AS this Oct/November.

Teacher said she won't be upgrading my forecast, but I'm very determined to prove them wrong. But how can I go about this? I'm really disappointed, with myself, especially. I was looking forward to a AABB.

What I hope to do now is buck up on the actual, but my school requires me to submit around end of Nov or mid december for my UCAS application, my actual results won't be out by then, wouldn't have I receive rejections by then?

Would universities reject me outright?
I'm applying for universities that offer - AAB, ABB, BBB.

i really need some advice, thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest