The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2nd year

It's a long shot but is there anyone here who is at lancaster uni and isn't a fresher this year that I could talk to? I'm terrified about freshers and just want somebody to talk to and ask questions. I have severe anxiety and depression which I used to go to a doctor about but he made things much worse so I stopped. And now I don't think I qualify for any help or support for uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Hopeless12345
It's a long shot but is there anyone here who is at lancaster uni and isn't a fresher this year that I could talk to? I'm terrified about freshers and just want somebody to talk to and ask questions. I have severe anxiety and depression which I used to go to a doctor about but he made things much worse so I stopped. And now I don't think I qualify for any help or support for uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
If you have any questions I can try to answer them, too. :biggrin:
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to apologise because I'm a fresher so you can ignore this if you like, but I just want to make sure you know that there is support for you at Lancaster. Obviously I can't exactly vouch for how good it is, but there's a counselling and mental health service that you can refer yourself to (http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sbs/counselling/). Also, if you're moving to Lancaster from somewhere else (or even if you're commuting!) you should be registering with the on-campus health centre. The doctor there may have a different approach which helps you more, so it may be worth seeing them about it. :smile:
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there, I'm going into my second year at lancaster, and if you have any questions, I can definitely try to answer them for you :smile:
Hi! Second year Lancaster student here too! Drop us a message if there's anything you'd like to ask :smile:

Hi I'm a second year. Pm me if you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending