The Student Room Group

Which is the better Prospect

I have been dating two guys, and we haven't had the talk about exclusivity until yesterday I got a phone call from both. One is a pilot just qualified and the other is a barrister just qualified, and am just about to finish university. Am not sure which of them I want to carry on seeing as I would like to see both of them but I am looking for a husband and job prospects are everything. I have drawn up a pro and cons list but they equality match each other, only difference is their race which isn't a relevant factor in my decision. I would like to know which has a better prospect? I know pilots can easily crash and die, but barristers can be targeted right? I pretty much want a stress free life. Am not after them for their money, I already come from a wealthy family and just got a house given to me by my grandfather. However neither of them have their own place and I really don't wanna harbour a man in my house. So who has the better prospect career wise? I might sound shallow but honestly this is the only thing that can differentiate them as they are both equally nice gentlemen who I see myself with but I just need the one.

Scroll to see replies

They're both successful, choose the one you like.

If the wig jockey's commercial/chancery their earning potential is probably higher, criminal lower. Ditto if the pilot's commercial or military, but then I imagine pilot generally is the sexier job, and fighter pilot definitely is.
And people (DELUDED FEMALES ON TSR) think girls are better than boys :rofl3:

If girls spent half of the time actually working hard instead of trying to marry someone who works hard then the playing field could be lowered.

Otherwise in sitches like this, OP:

Shot through the heart and you're to blame.

You give women on TSR a bad name!

DUNDUN DUNDUNDUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNDUNDUNDUNDUN DUNDUNDUN DUN DUN DUN
(edited 9 years ago)
So they can moan about the supposed pay gap when they're older to give themselves some purpose, when really their purpose should be cooking dinner
Reply 4
Original post by zyzz u mirin?
And people (DELUDED FEMALES ON TSR) think girls are better than boys :rofl3:

If girls spent half of the time actually working hard instead of trying to marry someone who works hard then the playing field could be lowered.

Otherwise in sitches like this, OP:

Shot through the heart and you're to blame.

You give women on TSR a bad name!

DUNDUN DUNDUNDUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNDUNDUNDUNDUN DUNDUNDUN DUN DUN DUN

Am not after them for their money, I come from a family who have our own wealth, and I have got a 50k job lined up for me next year. My main concern is having a husband shoes career prospects are slim and subsequently rely on me if things were to go pear shape. Nor do I want to reply on both their money. Age 22 I own my own house etc money for me isn't an option.
Reply 5
Original post by zyzz u mirin?
So they can moan about the supposed pay gap when they're older to give themselves some purpose, when really their purpose should be cooking dinner

There is no need to moan about a pay gap, when I will be earning a lot more money than the both of them. I don't want to marry a wealthy man, rather someone with higher prospects. And one who wouldn't run off with my hard earned money. If the guys max earning potential is only £50k I have to ask myself while I will be earning £500k+ in a couple of years and inheriting a large estate, wouldn't that make him all the more lazy and rely on me as his source of income.

Sorry but men do get it easier by looking for well off females like us and then marrying them.
First World Problems.
Good Lord...
Reply 7
Ignore the other posters, maybe one day they will hit puberty...

Anyway - what hours do they work?
Assuming he is a commercial pilots I'm assuming he works long hours away maybe for around 2 days at a time if working abroad. Thus wouldn't have as much time.
Barristers do have very busy jobs as they are self employed but I think his hours are more convenient.
The mentioned risks you said I don't think are a factor at all.

Also - I would maybe talk about family visions. What if one doesn't want kids and you do etc? I would establish that if you hadn't if that is what you're looking for.
Reply 8
Original post by Inazuma
Ignore the other posters, maybe one day they will hit puberty...

Anyway - what hours do they work?
Assuming he is a commercial pilots I'm assuming he works long hours away maybe for around 2 days at a time if working abroad. Thus wouldn't have as much time.
Barristers do have very busy jobs as they are self employed but I think his hours are more convenient.
The mentioned risks you said I don't think are a factor at all.

Also - I would maybe talk about family visions. What if one doesn't want kids and you do etc? I would establish that if you hadn't if that is what you're looking for.

Thank you, most sensible post. Kids are a actually important to me and that could possible be the deciding factor. Thanks.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, most sensible post. Kids are a actually important to me and that could possible be the deciding factor. Thanks.

Hope it goes well :-)
In general: Pilots work very unpleasant hours and / or are away a lot, they do not get paid hugely (bearing in mind they pay their own training) and the terms of employment are getting worse, and they spend all their working and overnight time in the company of young often hot single women. Except those working for Emirates very few commercial pilots are "happy" these days.
Reply 11
So, go with the pilot. The Barraster would inevitably take you to the cleaners in the enevitable messy divorce which would ensue from a marriage with such shallow foundations.
There is a strong troll indication in this post lol.
1) Which race would you have cuter babies with?
2) Are you really looking for someone to settle with at 22?
3) A pilot would be spending more hours away from the home than a barrister :smile:
Original post by Another
1) Which race would you have cuter babies with?
2) Are you really looking for someone to settle with at 22?
3) A pilot would be spending more hours away from the home than a barrister :smile:

1, I think the Barrister.
2, am turning 23 anyway and yes am ready to settle down I don't have much to work for, in terms of education and now secured a decent job
Original post by Old_Simon
There is a strong troll indication in this post lol.

So are you.
Original post by Anonymous
1, I think the Barrister.
2, am turning 23 anyway and yes am ready to settle down I don't have much to work for, in terms of education and now secured a decent job

Looks like the Barrister is your choice then. Although, do ask - which one would you be more upset to never speak with again?

I think 22/3 may be a little early, but that's just me. If you feel that it's right (and you want to 100%) then go for it!
2/10
Original post by Zarek
So, go with the pilot. The Barraster would inevitably take you to the cleaners in the enevitable messy divorce which would ensue from a marriage with such shallow foundations.

No rep left to give. Devastated now that I've seen this! :/
OP, this thread is embarrassing. And dating two men at once? Where is your sense of respect?
Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla
No rep left to give. Devastated now that I've seen this! :/
OP, this thread is embarrassing. And dating two men at once? Where is your sense of respect?

Don't even understand what you nutters on this thread are on about. Troll? Embarrassing? What on earth are you guys on. I really am thinking 12 year olds here.
Since when was dating 2 people wrong if there was no exclusivity? It's very normal when people are seeing who they're compatible with.

Starting to think the age of TSR is just sinking.. That or just their maturity..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending