The Student Room Group

Cell phone plan for UK

Any advice on which cell phone plan I should take ? Knowing it would be only for UK calls and messages. A good plan with no 'tricks' ?

Thanks à lot !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting a sim only contract from Tesco would probably be your best option. The other providers tend to be a lot more expensive and often have strings attached or 'tricks'. Or if you don't plan on using many perhaps a free pay as you go sim would suit, though I'd personally go for a contract as you'd get a decent amount of texts, minutes and data for like £10/month
Reply 2
Great, and I can find that decent contract at £10/month in Tesco ? And you can get it in the store ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Giffgaff lets you pay for minutes without tying yourself to a contract.
Reply 4
Minutes and text messages ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know if you can get it in the store, I got mine online, but they do have a phone shop in their bigger stores so you should be able to if that's your preferred method.
Here's a link, provided it takes a standard or standard micro sim.
http://shop.tescomobile.com/pay-monthly/sim-only/Tesco+Mobile/StandardMicro+SIM/tariff
Original post by B.CoKa
Any advice on which cell phone plan I should take ? Knowing it would be only for UK calls and messages. A good plan with no 'tricks' ?

Thanks à lot !

If you already have a phone you like then try giffgaff, it's sim-only and contract free so you choose what you want and end it whenever you need. If the packs they offer don't suit you then you can just use it like a normal PAYG thing because their rates are really cheap x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending