The Student Room Group

Southampton UKCAT score?

Hi guys

Last year, the minimum score for the UKCAT score of those interviewed was 2800(!), so I was wondering if anyone could have a guess what it could be this year.
I thought since the average score has gone down this year, it would go down, but at the same time, people who got a score of below 2800 this year might think it's risky to apply, hence the score would barely change (DAT LOGIC THO 100/10)
Also what score do you think you would need that would make Southampton a "safe" choice, provided you meet the other criteria? :iiam:

Good luck to anyone who's yet to take theirs!

cheersssss :smile:
Original post by Dan P
Hi guys

Last year, the minimum score for the UKCAT score of those interviewed was 2800(!), so I was wondering if anyone could have a guess what it could be this year.
I thought since the average score has gone down this year, it would go down, but at the same time, people who got a score of below 2800 this year might think it's risky to apply, hence the score would barely change (DAT LOGIC THO 100/10)
Also what score do you think you would need that would make Southampton a "safe" choice, provided you meet the other criteria? :iiam:

Good luck to anyone who's yet to take theirs!

cheersssss :smile:

Well, I went to the open say and asked the question! The cut off is 2500 initially, then all those above are ranked by UKCAT and they interview from the top of the list and work down until they have made their quota of offers. I dont remember the number of offers they make- places are 242 so I guess around 400/500 offers?? Last year the lowest they went down to was 2800 so it really depends on how many apply and how high their UKCAT scores are. I am applying and would say its risky if you are around the 2800 mark. Hope that helps.
Reply 2
Original post by unitopayfor
Well, I went to the open say and asked the question! The cut off is 2500 initially, then all those above are ranked by UKCAT and they interview from the top of the list and work down until they have made their quota of offers. I dont remember the number of offers they make- places are 242 so I guess around 400/500 offers?? Last year the lowest they went down to was 2800 so it really depends on how many apply and how high their UKCAT scores are. I am applying and would say its risky if you are around the 2800 mark. Hope that helps.

ahhh cheers, yeah I'll probably apply, boss the MMIs and get in :wink:
I got a good score for my standards, so I guess I'm a panicky guy :biggrin:
Good luck for your application!
Original post by Dan P
ahhh cheers, yeah I'll probably apply, boss the MMIs and get in :wink:
I got a good score for my standards, so I guess I'm a panicky guy :biggrin:
Good luck for your application!

Hi again, what is your UKCAT score ( ..if you dont mind me asking.....) :smile:
Reply 4
Hi again, what is your UKCAT score ( ..if you dont mind me asking.....) :smile:

2940 - 590 VR
890QR
780AR
680 DA
It should be good enough for southampton i think :P

how about you? :smile:
Original post by Dan P
2940 - 590 VR
890QR
780AR
680 DA
It should be good enough for southampton i think :P

how about you? :smile:

I got lucky snd surprised myself with 3050 VR680, QR 900 , AR 730, DA 740 band 1. Yes I think we both have high enough scores to apply to Southampton. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 6
I got lucky snd surprised myself with 3050 VR680, QR 900 , AR 730, DA 740 band 1. Yes I think we both have high enough scores to apply to Southampton. Good luck! :smile:

you are god :wink:

see you at the interviews hopefully :biggrin:
Any idea what the minimum score was for their BM4 graduate course?
Reply 8
Original post by QuidditchFan
Do you know whether they just interview based on UKCAT score and whether they take into account anything else post-interview when making offers?

"A minimum of seven GCSEs at grade A, including mathematics, English and double award science (or equivalent). You may offer qualifications which are equivalent to GCSE. (Please contact the Medicine Admissions Office for further information).
AAA, including chemistry and biology, plus either grade A at AS Level in a subject not studied at A2 or grade A in the Extended Project Qualification. General studies and critical thinking are not accepted. Subjects with material that overlaps (e.g. human biology/sports studies, maths/further maths) may not be offered in combination at A level. "

Then I think they rank you with the UKCAT, provided you meet the criteria above, and then one of the interviews will use your personal statement. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Callum3112
Any idea what the minimum score was for their BM4 graduate course?

3000 I think last year, but bear in mind the exam has gone harder than last year
Original post by Dan P
3000 I think last year, but bear in mind the exam has gone harder than last year

Awesome, cheers, should make the cut off then :smile:
680 average ukcat Band 1
A*AA predictions
Should I go for southampton or newcastle for my last choice?
Am I too risky?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending