The Student Room Group

Would You Date A Hipster?

Poll

Would You Date A Hipster?

Inspired by Tyrion's thread :biggrin:

I actually have a personal reason to ask - the guy I currently like is quite hipster-ish (no beard, lol, but he likes all things "alternative," a certain kind of music, has a weird bike, that kind of thing). However, I'm the complete opposite (not totally conformist, but I don't like being different just for the sake of it).

We click really well, but our viewpoints on life are very different sometimes. Thoughts? Would you personally date a hipster :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes. :tongue: my boyfriend is apparently a "hipster" and I seem to prefer hipsterish people in general.
Reply 2
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yes. :tongue: my boyfriend is apparently a "hipster" and I seem to prefer hipsterish people in general.

Would you say you're a hipster? :tongue: I'm not really one myself, unfortunately, so I find it really hard to relate to *You-Know-Who* sometimes :teehee: :frown:
Reply 3
Yes I probably would
I probably would

I really hate hipster guys, but don't really care if a girl is a hipter
Reply 5
Original post by yo radical one
I probably would

I really hate hipster guys, but don't really care if a girl is a hipter

Haha, why the distinction? :tongue:
Original post by Swirll
Would you say you're a hipster? :tongue: I'm not really one myself, unfortunately, so I find it really hard to relate to *You-Know-Who* sometimes :teehee: :frown:

By some people's definition I guess, I don't think of myself as one though :tongue:
Yes, idc. As long as they have a good personality who cares really?
Reply 8
no hipsters are obnoxious,snobbish,ignorant and irresponsible.
Reply 9
No, hipters tend to be walking bags of contradictions.
Yeah.

My boyfriend is a bit hipster anyway, in certain aspects.
Yes. I like their fashion sense and some of the bands they listen to as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swirll
Haha, why the distinction? :tongue:

Because I'm the only guy who is allowed to be a special snowflake

Spoiler

If I like a guy I'll date the guy. I don't care for how hipsterish he is. I detest the term "hipster" and what it stands for today. It means nothing today. Hipsters are currently the "in" thing so they're not really hipster. Whether a guy is "hipster" or not won't change how much I like him and it won't determine whether or not I date him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by ILovePancakes
Yes, idc. As long as they have a good personality who cares really?

Original post by Vixen47
If I like a guy I'll date the guy. I don't care for how hipsterish he is. I detest the term "hipster" and what it stands for today. It means nothing today. Hipsters are currently the "in" thing so they're not really hipster. Whether a guy is "hipster" or not won't change how much I like him and it won't determine whether or not I date him.

Given I don't entirely understand wtf a hipster is, I see no reason not to judge them on individual merit.

Get on skype btw pancakes. And vixen, scrabble?!"
Original post by samba
Given I don't entirely understand wtf a hipster is, I see no reason not to judge them on individual merit.

Definition of a real hipster:

:biggrin:

Today's hipsters are your typical conformists who are so desperate to be alternative that they end up being as normal as everyone else who follow the trend.

And vixen, scrabble?!"

How about tonight? It'll be my nephew's lunch time soon so I don't want to start the game and then have to back out.
Reply 16
Original post by Vixen47
Definition of a real hipster:

How about tonight? It'll be my nephew's lunch time soon so I don't want to start the game and then have to back out.

Haha ok. And my definition of a Hipster is on the actual thread :p: "See Vivie in Mrs Warren's profession or something. People generally perpetuate conventionality in their 'uniqueness.' That they are too naive to recognise that is probably why society looks down on them."

:p:
Original post by pane123
No, hipters tend to be walking bags of contradictions.

I'm a walking contradiction because I have borderline personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder. Is that really the person's fault? Also, people often criticise hipsters for thinking they are superior to others, but are they taking into account that the hipster could have narcissistic personality disorder and is striving to be different in order to boost their fragile self-esteem?
Reply 18
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes. I like their fashion sense and some of the bands they listen to as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hipster bands

lel
What if someone was too hipster to be a human, so they were a potato instead, would you date them then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest