The Student Room Group

Personal statement helper

During last year's admissions cycle (medicine) my personal statement was marked by personal statement helpers. I've completed a first draft and would like to use this seervice again, however, I can only find a link to the personal statement builder. Any idea if the personal statement helpers are still active and if so where I'd go about requesting their help?
bump
Original post by one pound fish
bump

What is the point of bumping so soon? Your thread was already at the top. And really, 35 minutes afterwards? Learn some patience!

But to answer your question from what I have read on here recently that service does not exist any more and is in the process of being replaced (or already has been) with a paid service. The previous volunteers who ran the service are not allowed to check it by pm either. But IIRC you couldn't submit a ps twice anyways... Why don't you just use the advice they gave you last year? Or check out the reapplicants thread where people discuss what they're changing for their ps second time round.
Original post by ForestCat
What is the point of bumping so soon? Your thread was already at the top. And really, 35 minutes afterwards? Learn some patience!

But to answer your question from what I have read on here recently that service does not exist any more and is in the process of being replaced (or already has been) with a paid service. The previous volunteers who ran the service are not allowed to check it by pm either. But IIRC you couldn't submit a ps twice anyways... Why don't you just use the advice they gave you last year? Or check out the reapplicants thread where people discuss what they're changing for their ps second time round.

It worked didn't it?

Thanks for your response, I'll do the latter!
I used the helper a few years back and while I had some goods feedback it clearly still wasn't good enough to secure interview- not that I'm complaining. I as told the helper isn't available anymore which is a shame but there you go.

I certainly wouldn't pay someone to look at it for me - use who you know
Original post by one pound fish
During last year's admissions cycle (medicine) my personal statement was marked by personal statement helpers. I've completed a first draft and would like to use this seervice again, however, I can only find a link to the personal statement builder. Any idea if the personal statement helpers are still active and if so where I'd go about requesting their help?

You can get some advice from personal statement advisors here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1083

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending