The Student Room Group

Any med schools...

That are not very competitive and don't really care about GCSE grades much?

I got 2A*s and 8As and so I want to avoid the GCSE heavy schools.
All medical schools are very competitive.
Look at this link for your question about GCSEs:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/applying_to_medical_school_using_your_strengths
Reply 2
I've answered you previously several times and on another thread just now, but here goes for the last time ...

The only way to find this out is to go to each med schools prospectus and find how they assess applications in detail. You obviously need to meet minimum GCSE requirements, but then you need to look deeper to see how disadvantaged you are by having weak GCSE's. It will vary at each med school, but the ones heavy on A*s are clearly out of reach for you, so look at the rest. If they have a points sytem or not, or however they asses GCSE's, then go to the stalking threads from last year and find out how many points or A*s were needed to get an interview. No short cuts - stop asking and start reading if you want to do well.

Starting threads on TSR does not = research, my friend.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Just a shove in the right direction as you really need to carry out some research at this point.
If you get a good/ great UKCAT that will at many med schools cover up/compensate for lesser GCSE'S.
Start by looking at Sheffield, Newcastle and Southampton then take your research from there once.you get the idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending