The Student Room Group

Alevel Grades

I got bad a level grades and didn't meet any of my offers luckily i had an unconditional offer from Leicester to do a masters in mechanical engineering. Although i was predicted AAB in Maths,Biology and Physics i ended up with an ACC in Maths both physics and biology. Now i'm very worried that i wont be able to get a job after uni as the employers look at a level grades. I also feel like i wont be very successful because i both am not going to my chosen university and did not get the grades that most students in my position who will compete for the same job will have. Does anyone have any advice.
Reply 1
Original post by mohamedksmaar
I got bad a level grades and didn't meet any of my offers luckily i had an unconditional offer from Leicester to do a masters in mechanical engineering. Although i was predicted AAB in Maths,Biology and Physics i ended up with an ACC in Maths both physics and biology. Now i'm very worried that i wont be able to get a job after uni as the employers look at a level grades. I also feel like i wont be very successful because i both am not going to my chosen university and did not get the grades that most students in my position who will compete for the same job will have. Does anyone have any advice.

If you have a masters in mechanical engineering that will be the main thing they look at. ACC at a-level is still pretty good. :yep: You did tough subjects which are well regarded. :smile: Do a few things to be able to beef up your applications/CV and you'll be fine. :J
Thanks for the reply what sort of stuff like extra curricular and will they not mind the C in physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mohamedksmaar

Not gonna lie. I think you will be disadvantaged when employers come to separating candidates in the application/hiring process. They may find it easier to just compare A level grades if you have a near identical application to another - it's just easier to pick off. There's not much you can do about it now. Employers are looking for 2:1 and 1st class graduates who have actively contributed to the university and not just academics (e.g sports, societies, volunteering etc.). Experience through internships and placements, and skills are important so if you trump everyone else in these things you have nothing to worry about. You're getting a masters at the end so I'd say you have a good head start
So if i join all those clubs societies and all the extra curricular stuff i may have a chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest