The Student Room Group

2 female police officers manhandled by guy, 16 yo boy saves the day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2757739/Kick-boxer-wrestles-thug-ground-seeing-attack-two-WPCs.html

This is a perfect example of why women shouldn't be police officers, 2 of them couldn't even handle a single average guy and needed a teenage boy to resolve the issue. It reminds me of a recent article where an off duty woman cop was groped by a drunk guy on night out, she chased him but was arrested only because she could find a uniformed male cop to do it for her. What's the point of having female cops when they always have to rely on men to do all the hard work? I've also seen cases irl where the woman runs after some idiot with the speed of a disabled sloth. Oh and watch videos of riots where police are involved , see how the few women there are nicely cuddled behind the male cops taking bricks and chairs in the face while being paid the same hourly, of course, because, you know... equality. Or when a drunk guy is arrested kicking and screaming by male cops while the only job of the female ones is to make sure the van door is locked after he's thrown in by the battered male cops.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Because some women would make a massive fuss over being arrested/touched by a man ... as in, they would accuse them of sexually assaulting them. Apparently, being a woman means you can't sexually assault another - but it's the police's utmost priority to stop the criminals.

But either way, there have been PLENTY of female officers who do their job as if they were a man. You would literally not be able to tell the difference in how they did their jobs. If there was a difference, women wouldn't be allowed to serve.

Also, have you not considered that the off-duty police officer was in heels? You try running in heels.

Original post by obidobi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2757739/Kick-boxer-wrestles-thug-ground-seeing-attack-two-WPCs.html
What's the point of having female cops when they always have to rely on men to do all the hard work?

First of all, this is the Daily mail we're talking about. Secondly, I th ink the story is mostly around the fact that a sixteen year old boy did it for them - a group so often victimised by the media.

I've also seen cases irl where the woman runs after some idiot with the speed of a disabled sloth.

...I don't think that's called running. But hey, 1 woman couldn't do something - this means ALL WOMEN CAN'T DO THIS... even the ones trained to do said something. It's like saying (this is an example) one black man stole something, thus all black men steal. Clearly not because generalisation doesn't work.

Oh and watch videos of riots where police are involved , see how the few women there are nicely cuddled behind the male cops taking bricks and chairs in the face while being paid the same hourly, of course, because, you know... equality.

1. Let's see these videos then.
2. Oh I'm sure they're all paid the same hourly rate, despite the fact that women are paid on average much less than their male counterparts around the world. How would you even know their salaries?
3. Your girlfriend would be so happy to see this, wouldn't she? I'm not going to pretend that I believe that this girlfriend exists and that you're not the average TSR virgin troll around but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

BTW, I'm a guy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Oh, shut up... as said above, there are plenty of successful female officers.
they should have tasered him
Women and men have their respective strengths. Women police officers receive the training they need to do their job well. Women do it well, too. I wouldn't be happy with an all male police force - same with army.
Reply 5
Looks like the US has the same issues:

Original post by obidobi
Looks like the US has the same issues:

lol at that troll laugh
Reply 7
What happens when a guy isn't around to save the day:

Don't worry, the guy is doing serious time now. The male cops caught him.
Reply 8
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol at that troll laugh

His pants are falling down and everything and he's still able to easily outrun 2 female cops.
Original post by obidobi
What happens when a guy isn't around to save the day:

Don't worry, the guy is doing serious time now. The male cops caught him.

Damn. Wanted him to escape and live happily ever after with his daughter.
I don't see why people can use this to attack female police officers. Plenty of male officers would do a worse job than that, there are good female officers and awful male officers.
Reply 11
Damn. Wanted him to escape and live happily ever after with his daughter.

We don't know the whole story. Maybe he told her to put the bunny back in the box.
Original post by RFowler
I don't see why people can use this to attack female police officers. Plenty of male officers would do a worse job than that, there are good female officers and awful male officers.

not really lol. female police officers are less effective by default because of physical differences. Since men are just stronger and bigger on average.
not really lol. female police officers are less effective by default because of physical differences. Since men are just stronger and bigger on average.

Exactly my point. There are plenty of women above that average, and plenty of men below it.
Reply 14
Original post by RFowler
Exactly my point. There are plenty of women above that average, and plenty of men below it.

Don't worry. As if police standards weren't low enough, they're being downgraded even more so more women can get in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-181623/Police-fitness-tests-downgraded-women.html

Fitness tests for the police are to be made easier because they are too hard for women.

Half of female recruits fail the physical examination they undertake as part of their training.

The move, which has been given the green light by the Home Office, will mean that thousands more women are likely to enter the police service.

At least one of the elements of the tests they previously had to pass has now been axed.

This was called the 'speed and agility' section and involved running 'slalom-style' around a series of cones in 27 seconds or less.

YAY EQUALITY!!!
Original post by RFowler

the averages are so far apart though. theres hardly any over lap lol. The women near the top end of the scale are still barely above the average of men.
Reply 16
the averages are so far apart though. theres hardly any over lap lol. The women near the top end of the scale are still barely above the average of men.

They should just have to pass high level stamina, speed and strength tests, the same for both genders. If it means no women get in then that's fine.
(edited 9 years ago)
I've seen plenty of male officers struggle with people.

A measure with simply discriminates by gender would not be effective. Uniform fitness tests are probably the way forward. Even then, you will always have cases where a police officer is out matched by an individual - especially if drugs are involved.
Original post by Blues Clues
Because some women would make a massive fuss over being arrested/touched by a man ... as in, they would accuse them of sexually assaulting them. Apparently, being a woman means you can't sexually assault another - but it's the police's utmost priority to stop the criminals.

But either way, there have been PLENTY of female officers who do their job as if they were a man. You would literally not be able to tell the difference in how they did their jobs. If there was a difference, women wouldn't be allowed to serve.

Also, have you not considered that the off-duty police officer was in heels? You try running in heels.

First of all, this is the Daily mail we're talking about. Secondly, I th ink the story is mostly around the fact that a sixteen year old boy did it for them - a group so often victimised by the media.

...I don't think that's called running. But hey, 1 woman couldn't do something - this means ALL WOMEN CAN'T DO THIS... even the ones trained to do said something. It's like saying (this is an example) one black man stole something, thus all black men steal. Clearly not because generalisation doesn't work.

1. Let's see these videos then.
2. Oh I'm sure they're all paid the same hourly rate, despite the fact that women are paid on average much less than their male counterparts around the world. How would you even know their salaries?
3. Your girlfriend would be so happy to see this, wouldn't she? I'm not going to pretend that I believe that this girlfriend exists and that you're not the average TSR virgin troll around but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

BTW, I'm a guy.

this post has to be satire (yours)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending