The Student Room Group

Why do Catwalk Models look soo angry!!

They really do look as if they're heading to war!
Why don't they smile a little :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heroin doesn't make you happy.
Reply 2
I might be wrong about this but I've read a long time ago that they have to be expressionless or something like that so that people are more focused on the clothes rather than the models? I might be wrong though haha
Reply 3
A lot of them are serious (so much discipline needed :tongue:), perfectionist (hence willing to discipline!) sometimes narcissistic (if absorbed in their looks) but not all, quite often neurotic (comes with the seriousness :wink:) and sometimes have histories or ongoing eating disorders sadly…not all but some. I'd imagine it comes with the pressure of a high-paying job where your worth is constantly measured on how pretty you look. Definitely not for me.
They are not meant to be smiling.
As the other poster said, most models are probably asked to be expressionless so that you focus on the clothes and not their face :redface:
They are just bored of parading around people.
Reply 6
You'd be angry too if you weren't even allowed a happy meal
Tbh wearing those kind of heels and being expected to nor fall over would irritate me! XD

They're not supposed to smile, they're supposed to look 'fierce' and 'intimidating'. :tongue:
They're probably hungry, tired and their feet kill. Plus I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to smile anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest