The Student Room Group

How is TOK graded?

I know there is the TOK presentation and the TOK essay - are these the only two components for the final TOK grade? Or is it other stuff like classwork too?

Thanks
Original post by rachel479
I know there is the TOK presentation and the TOK essay - are these the only two components for the final TOK grade? Or is it other stuff like classwork too?

Thanks

Hey,

Well I don't remember ever being marked on my classwork. I'm pretty sure your final mark for TOK does only come from your TOK Essay and your Presentation. The presentation is marked out of 20 whilst the essay is marked out of 40.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Alunzar
Hey,

Well I don't remember ever being marked on my classwork. I'm pretty sure your final mark for TOK does only come from your TOK Essay and your Presentation. The presentation is marked out of 20 whilst the essay is marked out of 40.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much! :smile:
You are marked on an essay you write about one of the six prescribed titles, which is now out of 10. You also do a presentation on a knowledge issue of your choice, also marked out of 10. The essay contributes 67% of the final mark and the presentation contributes 33% of the final mark. The essay is externally assessed, whereas the presentation is usually only internally assessed.

Let me know if you need help with either, it's what I do for a living!
Reply 4
Original post by ozymandias24
You are marked on an essay you write about one of the six prescribed titles, which is now out of 10. You also do a presentation on a knowledge issue of your choice, also marked out of 10. The essay contributes 67% of the final mark and the presentation contributes 33% of the final mark. The essay is externally assessed, whereas the presentation is usually only internally assessed.

Let me know if you need help with either, it's what I do for a living!

Thanks for the offer, TOK is not my strong point, so I may end up pming you at some point!
What combination of marks constitutes a grade A?
What combination of marks constitutes a grade A?
I think you need 22/30 total but it depends on the year. For both the essay and the presentation you get a mark out of ten, and then your essay score is doubled to give you your final score. The essay is also externally marked while the presentation is marked internally by your teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending