The Student Room Group

I saved £750 on my car insurance, this is how...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zippyRN
that's rubbish

if you were going to drive like a tit you;d want comprehensive cover as it;s one of the few times you can insure against your own idiocy and negligence.

it;s more aobut what is normal for the value of the vehicle

<1000 gbp car generally going to be TPFT or TPO -

>3000 gbp car comprehensive

values between - either and generally newer who cheaper / fast depreciators will be Comp and older barges etc tpft

Although it may seem like rubbish to normal people, the insurance companies see it that way- hence why its often cheaper for some young people to have fully comp insurance. You know how crazy insurance (especially for young drivers) can be.
Original post by Emma:-)
Its worth bring in mind that on comparison sites- in order to keep the quote down as low as possible (and to stay near the top of the results page), things are cut right back- for example the excess will be higher etc. Id check these details when getting a quote from there. The quote from the insurance direct will often have more useful things thrown in such as a lower excess (useful if you happen to be in an accident).
The excess is only an example, but you see where im getting at.

Naa I checked it was all the same. Even specified a lower excess.

It was with Admiral group.
Reply 22
Original post by h4mza
This was bikers fault for overspeeding.

It looked like a desrestricted road and the speedo looks like it's saying about 60 mph.

Car driver's fault. Driving without due care and attention. Usual git that doesn't think about bikes.

I rode a motorbike for about three years. I lost my bottle in the end; tired of compensating for dickheads in cars. That was 25 years ago, since then, people have started texting while driving - there's no way I'd ride a motorbike on roads shared with car drivers now.
Original post by Camoxide
Naa I checked it was all the same. Even specified a lower excess.

It was with Admiral group.

I suppose it depends on the insurance company etc and obviously not all do it, but this is the case with most companies.
One thing you should do is always check the companies that don't show up on comparison sites. Aviva for example gave me the cheapest quote I could find that didn't require me to install one of those stupid Black Box things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending