physics 10/10
maths 9/10

Original post by Abdul-Karim
Maths 7/10
Economics 9/10

Others are fairly pointless

Lol at Economics being a science

What's next psychology?

And fairly pointless? You wouldn't have clean water, computers, mobile phones, even electricity without the sciences.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 43
Maths 10
Physics g
Chemistry 2^3
Biology 6 (it's interesting but hate the education of it)
Biology 9/10
Chemistry 10/10
Physics 5/10
Mathematics 5/10
Original post by Heimdall

Lol at Economics being a science

What's next psychology?

And fairly pointless? You wouldn't have clean water, computers, mobile phones, even electricity without the sciences.

not sure if srs economics is a social science.. nowhere did it specify "type" of science.

And yeah I would..

Thames Water provides water not science
Apple provide computers
Apple again provide phones
EDF provides electricty

the people who work there collaborate to provide me with these things for a price not science
This is the definition of science: "the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment."
Maths is definitely a science...
not sure if srs economics is a social science.. nowhere did it specify "type" of science.

And yeah I would..

Thames Water provides water not science
Apple provide computers
Apple again provide phones
EDF provides electricty

Social science = not a science

The title is in essence a participation medal at school for the kids that cried. They would all be rated 0/10 on this scale of the sciences. (in my eyes)

I am not hating on Economics though, I do find it very enjoyable and I might decide to go into finance if I don't enjoy Engineering, it just isn't a science.

Imma ignore that next bit, because we both know you're not that stupid, most of humanities progress is down to Engineering (ingenuity) which is applying the sciences.
Original post by Heimdall
Social science = not a science

The title is in essence a participation medal at school for the kids that cried. They would all be rated 0/10 on this scale of the sciences. (in my eyes)

I am not hating on Economics though, I do find it very enjoyable and I might decide to go into finance if I don't enjoy Engineering, it just isn't a science.

Imma ignore that next bit, because we both know you're not that stupid, most of humanities progress is down to Engineering (ingenuity) which is applying the sciences.

Well it has science in it's name. You're not more intellegent than the person who put science in social science so debunked.

Prove to me that humanities progress is down to engineering.
Biology 3/10
Chemistry 8/10
Physics 9/10
Maths 10/10
Biology 10/10
Chemistry 6/10
Physics 3/10
Maths 9/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
10/10, the sciences are by far the best subjects. :P
Well it has science in it's name. You're not more intelligent than the person who put science in social science so debunked.

Prove to me that humanities progress is down to engineering.

FYP :wink:

It is widely accepted that a social science is not a science, they don't usually follow the scientific method and therefore aren't sciences.

Science : the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Economics focuses on groups of people and you cannot predict what humans will do. You cannot establish certainties in Economics.

Engineering comes from the words in Latin meaning "to devise" and "cleverness", Inventions are due to people being ingenious, making inventions or discoveries. Hell even a Neanderthal using a rock to cut up meat is in a way Engineering, it encompasses everything and by extension it is due to humanities progress.

If you do not follow this argument, take everything out of your life away designed by engineers and see how well you can live.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
um yourself

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:banghead:

What i am saying is true.
Physics = 10/10
Chemistry = 10/10
Biology = 7/10
Maths = 7/10
That is very difficult, as I like all kinds of sciences.

Original post by Abbie :)
Rate by importance, difficulty, how much I like them, overall?

Good question! what are the criteria? or is it up to every single one to rate the science after personal criteria? I would love to get an answer by the thread starter.
Original post by r_u_jelly
8/10 - Maths
8/10 - Physics
8/10 - Chemistry
9/10 - Biology
9/10 - Psychology

Same thing. Lol at psychology being a science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
At AS? Here are my thoughts anyways:
Biology 10√
Chemistry 10√
Maths 10√
Physics
First three are based on my opinions at AS so far, Physics is from GCSE.
What do sciences count, if I may ask? human sciences (philosophy), moral sciences (ethics), science of history as well as natural sciences?
Biology: 5/10
Chemistry: 6/10 (I'm biased because I suck at chemistry)
Physics: 9/10
Maths: 10/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest