The Student Room Group

Guys only : If your ex is pregnant with your baby but is already with someone else...

Hey guys only...............

Assume your ex gf whom you were with for some years is pregnant.

You found out she had been seeing someone else for up to 3 months prior to the breakup.

Now she is pregnant and going by her due date she got pregnant around a month prior to the breakup and yes you did have unprotected sex with her right around that time.

In the mean time within 3 months of the breakup she had legally married that other guy she was seeing.

The other guy is on the assumption that he is the father of the baby.

What would you do after the baby is born?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dna test
Jeremy kyle show
Reply 3
Dna as soon as the head is out.
Reply 4
Oh my god.
Reply 5
Original post by iamu
dna test

Original post by lou 22
Dna as soon as the head is out.

For child maintenance reasons or you would definitely want to know?
Reply 6
Original post by ssargithan
Jeremy kyle show

Definitely.
dna test
DNA test, what else can you do? Sounds like she slept with both of you. I don't know what the hell she was doing having unprotected sex with a guy she was just about to break up with, for good, and when she intended to be with the other guy long term. I find that extremely odd. Like she wants the controversy.
Original post by Anonymous

That, but it'd be pretty cold to not bother about your biological child.
Depends on what you are like.

You could either
a) Leave it, let the husband believe it is his, but you won't know, but then you won't be asked to pay child support.

b) If she wants child support, demand a DNA.

c) Find out regardless, because you want to know if you have a child, and then make arrangements for child support payment if it is yours/sign parental responsibilities over to her new guy.

Not a cool situation man, good luck!
Could be the new guy's baby, and she is telling you its yours to get money from you for child support, DNA test is a must.
Original post by Chillaxer
DNA test, what else can you do? Sounds like she slept with both of you. I don't know what the hell she was doing having unprotected sex with a guy she was just about to break up with, for good, and when she intended to be with the other guy long term. I find that extremely odd. Like she wants the controversy.

Original post by Chillaxer
That, but it'd be pretty cold to not bother about your biological child.

She was doing both at the same time indeed, she did not think she would be caught just that she didn't realize there was a feature called Find My iPhone. She had no intention to break up with either but then upon being caught she decided to be with the other guy.

She was on the pill and wasn't planning on a pregnancy. She didn't know she was pregnant at the time of the breakup or at least if she knew she was keeping mum about it.

The other guy very quickly decided to marry her as she is his ultimate dream woman.

She also lives in a country where there is assumed parentage, therefore since he is married to her he will be the legal father of that child even if he isn't the biological father.
Original post by Huskaris
Depends on what you are like.

You could either
a) Leave it, let the husband believe it is his, but you won't know, but then you won't be asked to pay child support.

b) If she wants child support, demand a DNA.

c) Find out regardless, because you want to know if you have a child, and then make arrangements for child support payment if it is yours/sign parental responsibilities over to her new guy.

Not a cool situation man, good luck!

The husband is already believing that the baby is his, I sort of had a common friend spread some rumours that there might be a possibility the baby isn't his but he is simply dismissing it.

The law will automatically assume that he is the father thus at birth she won't be able to ask me for child support. I won't be able to have my name on his/her birth cert due to their marriage.
The husband is already believing that the baby is his, I sort of had a common friend spread some rumours that there might be a possibility the baby isn't his but he is simply dismissing it.

The law will automatically assume that he is the father thus at birth she won't be able to ask me for child support. I won't be able to have my name on his/her birth cert due to their marriage.

dont use the YOUR FRIEND subject line, everyone knows its actually you.

Maybe if you were more honest, people would be able to advise you better..
Original post by JessicaxFonteyn
dont use the YOUR FRIEND subject line, everyone knows its actually you.

Maybe if you were more honest, people would be able to advise you better..

The OP has said that it's him he's talking about - it's perfectly reasonable to suppose that he got a mutual friend (who actually has access to his ex and her now husband, whereas the OP might not) to spread rumours on his behalf.

OP, do you actually want access to the child? Which country are you in? Is there any way of getting access to the child if it is indeed biologically yours?
Reply 16

To know, as if I was a male in those circumstances I would want to know for sure that the child is mine so i can provide for he or she.

Put it down as a life experience and smile
You got to get a dna test. By hook or by crook.
Original post by Plumstone
The OP has said that it's him he's talking about - it's perfectly reasonable to suppose that he got a mutual friend (who actually has access to his ex and her now husband, whereas the OP might not) to spread rumours on his behalf.

OP, do you actually want access to the child? Which country are you in? Is there any way of getting access to the child if it is indeed biologically yours?

I am at war with her now therefore not in contact with her at all.

If the child is mine I definitely want to be involved. However I doubt that would be a possibility as she would most likely put up every type of roadblock she could come up with to prevent me from seeing that child.

She is from Denmark but it appears she will be moving to live in America in the next few weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending