The Student Room Group

Will my GCSES disrupt my university applications

Hi. I'm worried that my Gcse grades may ruin my chances of applying for some good unis for law although they may not seem important. In particular my GCSE maths was only grade B as i'm fairly weak at maths. Can i still get into a good uni like LSE. on the other hand i've always managed to do well in my other subjects and at Gcse and A level(predictions) i got these results:

english lit/lang: A*/A*:biggrin:
double science: AA
maths: B
History: A
B.S.: A*
IT: A
Electronics:B
Photography:B:argh:

A LEVEL PREDICTIONS:
english:A:cool:
history:A:cool:
economics:A:cool:
Reply 1
What do you mean your worried about your grades at GCSE, there really good i think your worrying over nothing, and if they dont let you in, then im in serious trouble.
Reply 2
Don't worry, with those grades you'll be fine for a good uni! And with those predicted A Level grades, you have even less to worry about. Yes GCSEs maybe considered, but A Level grades are more important, and you have great estimated grades. Lets hope you get them.
Exactly ... although tbh again im not too sure how much weight is attached to predicted grades I think AS is probably more important (especially when they bring in the rules to make UMS marks avail to unis in 2008). After all your teachers can write predicted grades as I have said they might lie in order to send as many of their pupils to top unis as possible, in a similar way to my points on writing personal statements. Also, do your predicted grades go in your reference or where, cos I have not seen such a space on the form.
Reply 4
AS grades aren't even put on the UCAS form. The only thing academically they put much wait on is your predicted grades
My AS grades were on my UCAS form... they only dont go on if you dont "cash them in" which looks dodgy as it means you are resitting.
Reply 6
It didn't harm my application... We only cashed them in if we were doing the A2 part.
The oxbrdige form also asked for individual mark breakdowns so there is no way AS grades weren't on the main one I am sure I remember them being there.

Latest

Trending

Trending