The Student Room Group

Men don't have to be respectful towards women

The large majority of girls my age go out, get hammered and make a fool out of themselves multiple times a week.

Most of them have slept about unless they have a boyfriend, I know some girls that are in excess of 20 people at 19 years old.

They constantly moan and have a self entitled attitude, over Facebook and Twitter they say what men should be like and how they should treat women as 'princesses' etc.

What exactly is there for me to respect? Why does it make me such a bad person and less of a man if I don't show these bishes repsect?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
LTG, fair due as you are completely right, if you want to be treated like a lady behave like one.
Take a case-by-case attitude but as a general rule, respect your fellow human beings.
Edit: yeah, what ^ that guy said.

People don't have to be respectful towards anybody who doesn't earn their respect, what's your point?
Original post by LTG
The large majority of girls my age go out, get hammered and make a fool out of themselves multiple times a week.

Most of them have slept about unless they have a boyfriend, I know some girls that are in excess of 20 people at 19 years old.

They constantly moan and have a self entitled attitude, over Facebook and Twitter they say what men should be like and how they should treat women as 'princesses' etc.

What exactly is there for me to respect? Why does it make me such a bad person and less of a man if I don't show these bishes repsect?

I take it you have been rejected by a girl just now? :lol:
Original post by lou 22
LTG, fair due as you are completely right, if you want to be treated like a lady behave like one.

So just because a girl likes to have sex she doesn't deserve respect?

You sound bitter.
Original post by RayApparently
Take a case-by-case attitude but as a general rule, respect your fellow human beings.

This.
Original post by LTG
The large majority of girls my age go out, get hammered and make a fool out of themselves multiple times a week. I know a lot of guys that do this.

Most of them have slept about unless they have a boyfriend, I know some girls that are in excess of 20 people at 19 years old. I know a lot of guys that have done this and they have a girlfriend.

They constantly moan and have a self entitled attitude, over Facebook and Twitter they say what men should be like and how they should treat women as 'princesses' etc. Yeah so do a lot of guys.

Exactly, let's be generalising ***** and disrespect all men, too.

OP, you are pathetic.
/Thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Marky Mark
So just because a girl likes to have sex she doesn't deserve respect?

You sound bitter.
He's bitter most probably because said girls would not poke him with a ****ty stick.

OP. If it bothers you so much you have a choice of ignoring them completely. Bitching about respect simply shows you up as controlling and judgemental. Their choice to behave how they wish within the laws of this land, not yours to dictate how you want them to behave.

Nobody is forcing you to respect them in the same way that nobody is forced to respect you either.

Deal with it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LTG

All people deserve respect. If they want to go out and have fun, who are you to judge? Obviously they are happy with the people they sleep with.
I don't think men have to treat girls like princesses, on the contrary, I would prefer if girls would not have such a status in society, but would be treated like boys are, too. Both men and women deserve respect and just because they live a different live style than you do, does not make them worth less or more and they still deserve the same amount of respect.
Reply 10
I respect people who respect me and people who I feel deserve respect for being kind people etc.

I respect women who have respect for themselves for example if they are intelligent and study hard to get a good career for themselves, respect their body, dont shag about and generally deserve to be treated like women.

If I see a girl staggering all over the lace every other night down town, different men every week, bad attitude why should i treat them like angels?
Reply 11
Original post by Feierabend
All people deserve respect. If they want to go out and have fun, who are you to judge? Obviously they are happy with the people they sleep with.
I don't think men have to treat girls like princesses, on the contrary, I would prefer if girls would not have such a status in society, but would be treated like boys are, too. Both men and women deserve respect and just because they live a different live style than you do, does not make them worth less or more and they still deserve the same amount of respect.

why on earth do you think everyone is entitled to respect?

respect is earnt, not automatically given otherwise the whole idea of respect is rendered inane
Reply 12
The same rule applies to men, if they have no ambition in life and go out get hammered/stoned every week then they wont get my respect.

The difference is men dont moan about how they should be respected by ALL women.

Does telling the truth make me bitter?

Jimmies have been rustled. Not everyone is equal.

Deal with it.
Reply 13
Original post by Doob

respect is earnt, not automatically given otherwise the whole idea of respect is rendered inane

This.
Original post by Doob

Well treat others like you would like to be treated.
What is the "whole idea of respect" for you? I just think live and let live. Don't treat people like ****.

I do think humans have to be respectful towards other humans. As simple as that.
Reply 15
Original post by Feierabend
Well treat others like you would like to be treated.
What is the "whole idea of respect" for you? I just think live and let live. Don't treat people like ****.

I do think humans have to be respectful towards other humans. As simple as that.

if a guy is acting like a retard, im not going to start respecting him for acting like that lol
Original post by LTG

I think you should respect all women unless they act this way.
Original post by LTG
The difference is men dont moan about how they should be respected by ALL women.
Oh the irony! You are the one who made the thread because you have issues with 'respect' and are moaning about it!

Good grief.
Reply 18
Original post by J_nutella
I think you should respect all women unless they act this way.

white knight lmao

respect is earnt through your deeds to a person, im not going to start respecting a girl simply because she looks good, thats not how respect should ever work
this is how women get so cocky and get put on a pedestal by supplicating 'men'
Original post by Doob
if a guy is acting like a retard, im not going to start respecting him for acting like that lol

so you're going to act like a retard in return? what makes you better than him?

Quick Reply

Latest