The Student Room Group

is lucozade energy bad for you?

removed
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
i doubt that it is dangerous, but not advised! lot of energy, all that sugar, in such a short period of time... i mean you could do that but probably keep it to once a year? only do it if you REALLY have to. instead you could drink something like apple juice (from concentrate). that will have quite a bit of energy locked up inside and probably wont wreak too much havoc to your system :smile:

(another tip, instead of an energy drink, drink some dilute orange squash - its just as effective, but much cheaper)
To put it simply, not very dangerous at all in the short term (unless you have a pre-existing medical condition such as diabetes, which I doubt). Lucozade is essentially just an exceptionally sugary drink and is high in Glucose, which the body uses as short term energy and stores in the form of Glycogen should all that energy not be needed.

Basically, the only thing that Lucozade will do is give you a short burst of carbohydrate-fuelled energy and if you consume more than you actually need, it'll just be stored by the body. If you'd have consumed 1.5L of Monster in a very short amount of time (an hour or less), that could be potentially problematic as Caffeine can be an addictive and rarely fatal frug when consumed in large amounts - especially when there is an underlying heart condition.

I answered your question AND gave you completely irrelevant information with it.
Reply 3
Original post by AlphaNick
on thursday I had TRIPLE MATHS (three consecutive hours of maths) and I decided to have 3 lucozade energy (1.5L) beforehand to survive it, how dangerous is this? by the way I had them in a space of 2 mins or so

I wouldn't advise it, you get a sugar rush for a bit and then you "crash" and get really tired after it so you're less productive.

Triple maths? Try quad chemistry and then quad maths (we have 8 period days) :smile:
I hate it, too much sugar.
unless you're diabetic or something then not really no, it's just glucose, long term drinking it every day probably isn't good for you because of dodgy additives they probably put in it, nothing to do with it being sugar though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending