The Student Room Group

Personal Statement help joint honours

I'm applying for English Language and Literature and in my personal statement I've said why I want to study both individually, do I have to have a bit saying why I want to study them together? Or is it fine if I just say why I want to do both of them separately?
It might be worth a brief section if you can think of anything to talk about - can be in the same paragraph as whichever you mention last, or introduction for example :smile:
Original post by BaudelaireLucky
I'm applying for English Language and Literature and in my personal statement I've said why I want to study both individually, do I have to have a bit saying why I want to study them together? Or is it fine if I just say why I want to do both of them separately?

I think it partly depends on your reasons for wanting to study both. If it's just that you enjoy both subjects, I don't think you explicitly need to say this, as it will be obvious from your statement. However, if you've got a specific reasoning for choosing this as a joint honours, then it could add to your statement. The end of your introduction might be a good place to talk about this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending