The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by futuremedic19
Just sections 1 and 2. They will add up the score of section 1 and 2.
How's BMAT preparation going mate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you hear that from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NicolasCage7
Where did you hear that from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rang them up. Also in their estimate a competitive score is in the range of 9-13. Which is definitely possible !!!. A 9-13 score after adding your S1 and S2 score together although there is NO cutoff.
I rang them up. Also in their estimate a competitive score is in the range of 9-13. Which is definitely possible !!!. A 9-13 score after adding your S1 and S2 score together although there is NO cutoff.

Thanks!!! That definitely makes it a bit less stressful, considering that it's my only BMAT choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Thanks!!! That definitely makes it a bit less stressful, considering that it's my only BMAT choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are you preparing for the BMAT?
Reply 44
Original post by Ama2007
I have 2.1 in MPharm and AAAAC in my school grades (Scottish qualifications) and pretty good W/E.

UKCAT 595.

basically am struggling to find any uni who looks at low ukcat.

I applied to BSMS 2 years ago for medicine again it was my ukcat score that didn't let me get an interview m

should I apply here?
Do I stand a chance even if its small?

Could do, you'll have a great chance if you get an excellent BMAT
Reply 45

I rang them up and they advised that they will be using all the sections of the BMAT not just 1 and 2. They have been using it for the graduate entry programme for a while now and they said they will roll it out in the same way.
Original post by Jimbob995
How are you preparing for the BMAT?

I've done a kaplan course. So far I've looked at some of the materials we got given at the course but I'm starting proper hardcore preparation in half term (probs involving Kaplan shizzle, the official book and mocks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
I've done a kaplan course. So far I've looked at some of the materials we got given at the course but I'm starting proper hardcore preparation in half term (probs involving Kaplan shizzle, the official book and mocks)

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was the course? - I must admit the kaplan mocks do look very helpful.
On a slight tangent I've realised that so far only 3 people who are actually applying to BSMS have posted on this page? Hopefully not to many people are applying haha :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Simi96
I rang them up and they advised that they will be using all the sections of the BMAT not just 1 and 2. They have been using it for the graduate entry programme for a while now and they said they will roll it out in the same way.

So they're using S3? - ahh that's the section I'm most worried about!
So they're using S3? - ahh that's the section I'm most worried about!

They are using S3. But not to calculate your score used for interview. It may be used after. S3 is the easier of the three sections.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was the course? - I must admit the kaplan mocks do look very helpful.
On a slight tangent I've realised that so far only 3 people who are actually applying to BSMS have posted on this page? Hopefully not to many people are applying haha :smile:

I think the most helpful bit of it were the booklets they have us tbh :smile:

Good good. Damn, I really really like this uni, I'd literally kill a man for an offer

Ok, maybe not literally

Posted from TSR Mobile
They are using S3. But not to calculate your score used for interview. It may be used after. S3 is the easier of the three sections.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is everything so confusing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh ok, it'll be interesting to see how many people apply here this year
Well they usually get 2000 applicants. Since introducing BMAT I would say around 1500 minimum. Maybe they might get more as ukcat averages have fallen so more probably trying out the BMAT. TSR isn't a good indication of how many applicants are going to apply. I would say about 10% of all medic applicants even use tsr. Either way I would just go flat out on BMAT revision and get that interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well they usually get 2000 applicants. Since introducing BMAT I would say around 1500 minimum applicants. Maybe they might get more as ukcat averages have fallen so more probably trying out the BMAT. TSR isn't a good indication of how many applicants are going to apply. I would say about 10% of all medic applicants even use tsr. Either way I would just go flat out on BMAT revision and get that interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are you all revising for it ?
Have you all registered. Just remember you need to register with your schools exam officer. I think it's like £40.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
How are you all revising for it ?
Have you all registered. Just remember you need to register with your schools exam officer. I think it's like £40.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im revising the science with the BMAT CGP guide at the moment and using the 400Q book, gonna start doing mocks nearer the time. Yeah i was going to go to an open test centre but I'm doing it a school now :colondollar:
Im revising the science with the BMAT CGP guide at the moment and using the 400Q book, gonna start doing mocks nearer the time. Yeah i was going to go to an open test centre but I'm doing it a school now :colondollar:

Are you paying or is the school paying for you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Are you paying or is the school paying for you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I payed £44 i think
Do you reckon I could get away with a really average best for BSMS..
Because at this rate that's what I'm going to get :/
I love S1 but S2 I can't even seem to do the 400q book questions and haven't even looked at S3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending