The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi, its been a while since I posted. I have been trying to get into BSMS as a mature student for the last four years. I did Access Course in 2011 (finishing 2012) and had a guaranteed interview in the summer 2011 for entry Sept 2012. I didn't get an offer at that point. But a few people did so by that point they already had given out a few offers for people resitting the year and guaranteed interview offers. I then didn't get asked to interview during the Access course by the normal process which would have been March 2012. I reapplied the following year and got an interview and ended up on the post interview hold list. I tried again in 2013 and didn't get an interview and today I had an interview so who knows if I'll be lucky this time. So from this experience I know that they probably only have about 110 places left by the time the main lot of interviews take place. People are interviewed between November and March, each time I've been invited to interview its been in the February half term although this year was the end of January. They tell you in about three to four weeks and you'll have a definite answer by May. In previous years they have decided by each interviewer scoring the interviewee and you had to get at least an AAB to get an offer. If you're placed on hold it means you were good but there were better people on the day. Its a clean slate once you're invited to interview so its based purely on the score. If candidates are equal, they use the academic, work experience and personal statement scores to decide who to choose. That score is out of 30 and they invite to interview people scoring around 23 or over its a percentage thing so changes but is always around that point. They try to make it as objective as possible and this year with BMAT it is even more objective at both stages. Hope that helps to explain the process as far as I have experienced it! Good luck everyone, if you don't get a place, keep trying and if you do, then best of luck :-)
Are there anymore interviews coming or they are now just considering whether to give offers or rejections ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by #wanttobeamedic
Are there anymore interviews coming or they are now just considering whether to give offers or rejections ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe it's just offers/rejections now.
Anybody heard back from their interview yet?
Original post by Medicjug
Anybody heard back from their interview yet?

Just a tiny few. Almost everyone is still waiting and we're not expecting any news until at least the end of March...
Woop I'm having my interview today!
Good luck go smash it
Have anyone heard back yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by #wanttobeamedic
Have anyone heard back yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, nothing :frown:

Anyone know when we might hear about offers or post-interview rejections?
Original post by ohdearme
Nope, nothing :frown:

Anyone know when we might hear about offers or post-interview rejections?

After my interview one of the women said we should expect to hear back in the last couple of weeks of March.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everybody,

Just to say that I'm a final year student at BSMS. I'm currently quite busy (finals are in 4 weeks!) but if any of you have any questions about the course or anything, you can PM me. :smile: I may not be very fast on the responses and they may be a bit brief until finals are over, but I remember how helpful it was to talk to current students and I'm happy to help if I can!

Rachel
Hi everyone,

does anyone know when BSMS will be giving out offers? Any particular date? Thanks guys, and good luck with your applications!
Hope it's soon, the wait is killing me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Based on last years thread it is was around the 25th March

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah! I would really like to know now :smile: BSMS is my top choice! How did your interviews go guys?
Original post by ashcariba17
Yeah! I would really like to know now :smile: BSMS is my top choice! How did your interviews go guys?

To be honest I wanted to know about 5 minutes after my interview in January :tongue:
I think it went Ok but I absolutely refuse to jinx myself :\
Yourself?
Oh and I think decisions might be slightly earlier this year, based on the lower number of applicants - but that's just a guess; it could be tomorrow or it could be the 31st.
Original post by Josh93
To be honest I wanted to know about 5 minutes after my interview in January :tongue:
Yourself?
Oh and I think decisions might be slightly earlier this year, based on the lower number of applicants - but that's just a guess; it could be tomorrow or it could be the 31st.

I think tomorrow onwards too
Hmmm, it could be any day now then! How many interviews did they hand out, and how many offers are they going to give? :smile:
Original post by ashcariba17
Hmmm, it could be any day now then! How many interviews did they hand out, and how many offers are they going to give? :smile:

400 interviews for 200 offers and 120 places are the figures as I understand them.
Original post by Josh93
Yourself?

I thought that someone had posted earlier that their admissions panel didn't meet until the 19th?
Now I'm confused..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending