So, who's applying?
Also remember BSMS now uses the BMAT
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimbob995
So, who's applying?
Also remember BSMS now uses the BMAT
:smile:

Lol I think the change to BMAT has scared everyone away from BSMS. I'm absolutely torn between Cardiff and BSMS. I think I saw you on the Cardiff thread. Where are u thinking of applying, btw I did the BMAT last year and can honestly say it's much much much harder than the UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
We have a good chance of an interview, if its only us 2 applying! Im applying to both BSMS and Cardiff. Was going to apply to Leeds to but thought 2 BMAT unis would be too risky especially as its a very difficult test! Im applying to Liverpool too but don't know what to do for my 4th choice. What are your other choices?
What are your stats like. I wouldn't really say Leeds and BSMS is risky as neither have a cutoff and leeds only weigh it as 15% in terms of academics, if u also choose Imperial/UCL/Oxbridge then it's a real risk. What score do u get for a Cardiff & I will try my best to recommend suitable choices based on your stats and ukcat.
Reply 4
Don't panic about te BMAT! It's really not that hard to get a decent score! Unlike the UKCAT, the BMAT is not supposed to be completed in the time given-its also more academic based and gives a syllabus of what to revise :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by futuremedic19
What are your stats like. I wouldn't really say Leeds and BSMS is risky as neither have a cutoff and leeds only weigh it as 15% in terms of academics, if u also choose Imperial/UCL/Oxbridge then it's a real risk. What score do u get for a Cardiff & I will try my best to recommend suitable choices based on your stats and ukcat.

GCSEs: 5A* 3.5A 1B
Achieved Alevel: A*AAb
UKCAT: 620 :frown:
I think my PS is really good (but I would say that)
My Cardiff score is 25, how about you :smile:
GCSEs: 5A* 3.5A 1B
Achieved Alevel: A*AAb
UKCAT: 620 :frown:
I think my PS is really good (but I would say that)
My Cardiff score is 25, how about you :smile:

Same my score is also 25 for Cardiff !!!
Where are u thinking of applying ?
Reply 7
Original post by 2018
Don't panic about te BMAT! It's really not that hard to get a decent score! Unlike the UKCAT, the BMAT is not supposed to be completed in the time given-its also more academic based and gives a syllabus of what to revise :smile:

Did you sit the BMAT last year? How long did you spend per day and how did you revise? Any tips? Sorry about all the questions :smile:
Did you sit the BMAT last year? How long did you spend per day and how did you revise? Any tips? Sorry about all the questions :smile:

No probs at all. It's my pleasure :smile: can you PM me and we can discuss everything there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Same my score is also 25 for Cardiff !!!
Where are u thinking of applying ?

BSMS, Cardiff and Liverpool - don't know what to do for my 4th choice yet

You?
BSMS, Cardiff and Liverpool - don't know what to do for my 4th choice yet

You?

I've sent you a private message so if you wan't to discuss about the BMAT/Uni choices/Gap year plans/Personal statements and anything else I will be more than willing to :smile:
The good thing is that were both pretty much in the same boat with similar stats and uni choices :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Unless you already have your A2 grades the website seems quite vague. If you have completed GCSE's and AS levels do you know how they score you academically? Do they use achieved grades or predicted A2 grades? When ranking candidates for interview are they more likely to use academic or BMAT scoring?
Original post by lisa789
Unless you already have your A2 grades the website seems quite vague. If you have completed GCSE's and AS levels do you know how they score you academically? Do they use achieved grades or predicted A2 grades? When ranking candidates for interview are they more likely to use academic or BMAT scoring?

After ringing them up twice, both the admissions tutors said that there is a drastic change in their selection for interview. Everyone is ranked according to their BMAT score and the top 400 scores are called for interview. AS/A2/GCSE are used after BMAT. I doubt you require the same scores for BSMS as you may need for Imperial/Oxbridge so if your confident about the BMAT then definitely apply !!!!!! :smile:
Plus their only using Section 1 and 2 for ranking candidates.

I know there isn't much on the website so I hope I could help :smile:
Reply 13
After ringing them up twice, both the admissions tutors said that there is a drastic change in their selection for interview. Everyone is ranked according to their BMAT score and the top 400 scores are called for interview. AS/A2/GCSE are used after BMAT. I doubt you require the same scores for BSMS as you may need for Imperial/Oxbridge so if your confident about the BMAT then definitely apply !!!!!! :smile:
Plus their only using Section 1 and 2 for ranking candidates.

I know there isn't much on the website so I hope I could help :smile:

Thanks, admittedly It's slightly worrying with it being a new selection criteria. Can't decide whether here or Leeds would be a best option for a BMAT option... Leeds score you academically first then rank by BMAT then personal statement 😃
Sent off my UCAS yesterday, I'm really obsessed with bsms :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NicolasCage7
Sent off my UCAS yesterday, I'm really obsessed with bsms :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow already sent off that's amazing. Which 4 have u applied to ?
Why are you obsessed with BSMS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lisa789
Thanks, admittedly It's slightly worrying with it being a new selection criteria. Can't decide whether here or Leeds would be a best option for a BMAT option... Leeds score you academically first then rank by BMAT then personal statement 😃

If your worried about the BMAT then go for Leeds, as they consider your academics whereas Brighton are very paramount on the BMAT this year. I guess the major deterrent to Leeds may be the MMI, whereas BSMS are sticking to panel based :smile:
What other 3 you thinking of ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow already sent off that's amazing. Which 4 have u applied to ?
Why are you obsessed with BSMS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, my school basically made medics/dentists/vets submit our UCAS forms by the 19th so that they can add references and submit them early

I applied to George's, Cardiff, bsms and Queen Mary + Biomedical sciences at Queen Mary

Well, i love Brighton, they do dissections, it's not very big and they seem to have quite a few arty things going on (like exhibitions and such)

I dunno man I just love it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats awesome mate :smile: Good luck !!!!
What are your stats like btw
Thats awesome mate :smile: Good luck !!!!
What are your stats like btw

Cheers!

GCSE - 9A*s and 1A, I do a mixture of a-levels and pre-Us so I only took AS exams in Biology and Spanish (got As in both of them) and I'm predicted 2As in Further Maths and Chemistry and 2A*s in Bio and Maths. (+I'm doing AS art this year.)

UKCAT - 720 band 1

Are you applying this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest