The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham university's 'reputation'

I am currently in my second year at college and therefore starting the process of UCAS etc.. I am planning on taking a degree in French, at either Bristol, Manchester, Nottingham, Exeter or Birmingham. The course at Birmingham suits me best, and I really wanted to go until I spoke to a few people who said I would probably be better off going to somewhere like Manchester or Bristol because of they're good 'reputation' and 'brand' therefore making me more employable at the end of the four year course. I disagree with this to a certain degree but don't feel I have the knowledge to prove them wrong. So basically what im asking is, Is this the case and I am simply being naive, or is Birmingham just as good as the rest of the russel group unis?
It'd be wiser if you posted this on say, the educational debate sub-forum cos you're likely to receive biased opinions here, on the Uni of Bham forum page.

Sent from my iPhone
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
i'd say bristol and nottingham have higher reputations, but birmingham is not far off. if the course is best at birmingham then i'd advise you to go for it.

i'm not biased, i would have gone to nottingham but i got rejected :biggrin: i study law by the way. i know someone doing french here and they really enjoy it! good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending