The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Starting at the University of Kent

Hi,

I have my registration weekend for Kent on Saturday/Sunday and I've noticed that fresher's week starts Monday.

I am a mature student (well, I'm 23) and I am going to study Social Work. I live at home with my husband, but I am still young enough to want to go out clubbing and drinking, but I am worried that I am not going to meet anyone in time for Fresher's week and I am too scared to just go to events on my own and hope for the best.

Hoping someone else might be starting at the university and want to meet up and I would especially love someone from my Social Work course.
23 and scared of 18 year olds?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by MissMcCarthy
Hi,

I have my registration weekend for Kent on Saturday/Sunday and I've noticed that fresher's week starts Monday.

I am a mature student (well, I'm 23) and I am going to study Social Work. I live at home with my husband, but I am still young enough to want to go out clubbing and drinking, but I am worried that I am not going to meet anyone in time for Fresher's week and I am too scared to just go to events on my own and hope for the best.

Hoping someone else might be starting at the university and want to meet up and I would especially love someone from my Social Work course.

Just go to the clubs/house parties and start talking to people, I doubt people will notice you went on your own.

I go to Kent as well but going into second year.

Quick Reply

Latest