The Student Room Group

Good Sixth Form Colleges in London?

Ok.
So currently, Im in yr11 a high chance of me moving to London after I finish my GCSEs. So do you lot know any good academic sixth form colleges? Google mostly shows me University Colleges. >.<

P.S. I know Tower Hamlet's is a good college.

Scroll to see replies

What part of London are you likely to be moving to? If you want suggestions for North London then I can tell you quite a few, otherwise I'm clueless
Reply 2
Original post by Celloberry
What part of London are you likely to be moving to? If you want suggestions for North London then I can tell you quite a few, otherwise I'm clueless

I dunno yet :/ But we're defo moving.
So any suggestions will be helpful :smile:
Ok, well in terms of grammar schools, I'd say Latymer (the one in edmonton as opposed to latymer upper) is the best (though I am a little biased :tongue:). There's also Dame Alice Owens and Henrietta Barnet

Comprehensive schools that are fairly good: Ashmole, Highlands

Also, Woodhouse College is meant to be really good

I feel like I'm forgetting some, so I'll let you know if I remember any more :smile:
St Paul's, Westminster?
Harrow/Eton?? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by lozasaurus99
Harrow/Eton?? :smile:

A college whose fees arent more than my house rent :P
Reply 7
Original post by Celloberry
Ok, well in terms of grammar schools, I'd say Latymer (the one in edmonton as opposed to latymer upper) is the best (though I am a little biased :tongue:). There's also Dame Alice Owens and Henrietta Barnet

Comprehensive schools that are fairly good: Ashmole, Highlands

Also, Woodhouse College is meant to be really good

I feel like I'm forgetting some, so I'll let you know if I remember any more :smile:

Thanx for the reply :biggrin:
My friend told me about Tower Hamlet's. I did my research and it seems pretty good. Would you recommend?
St.Michael's, North Finchley?

Got an offer from them, but chose Latymer, which is great btw :P
Reply 9
With all due respect, Tower Hamlets has a terrible reputation where I am (Oh, Tower Hamlets :smile: )
Original post by Felhasacharizard
St.Michael's, North Finchley?

Got an offer from them, but chose Latymer, which is great btw :P

St Anne's is decent too ^_^ lel
Original post by vd12345
St Anne's is decent too ^_^ lel
:cry::cry::cry:
:cry::cry::cry:

I heard lea valley is another good one :smile:
Original post by vd12345
I heard lea valley is another good one :smile:

"Breaks down" I like your humour mate :wink:
"Breaks down" I like your humour mate :wink:

Worst case senario, OP goes to the former or the latter :'(
Original post by vd12345
Worst case senario, OP goes to the former or the latter :'(

If they're intending to move, they must have a reason right?? We can't be offending too many... (I hope) :wink:
If they're intending to move, they must have a reason right?? We can't be offending too many... (I hope) :wink:

Nah OP does not currently live in london, thus OP would not be offended. To think lea valley was on my options list for year 7 admissions loool I must have been high
Original post by vd12345
Nah OP does not currently live in london, thus OP would not be offended. To think lea valley was on my options list for year 7 admissions loool I must have been high

Loool Defo high!
Loool Defo high!

Soz to all the lea valley mandem on her behalf
Reply 19
Henrietta Barnet. One of the best in the country. Based on intelliegence and additionally you pay nothing. Win win.

Quick Reply

Latest