The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University (Seething Wells accomodation)

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by richard2006
Hey does anybody stay in the seething wells accommodation of kingston Uni? can they tell me what its like there and what the atmosphere is like and the good and bad points about living there? thanks!

- rich -

Hey I was wondering what seething wells is like, is it a private accomodation or part of Kingston
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
seething wells is part of kingston university's accommodation, there are two types of rooms on offer there - ensuite and budget ensuite, in both rooms the toilets are the same size, quite small. ensuite has a decent size and budget ensuite is tiny as hell. seething wells is a lively student accommodation site and it has an open field on the front with bbq stands, it is very nice in the summer days. As well any uni halls, students are living very close together - resulting a great atmosphere. the look of seething wells from the outside looks like a mental hospital. seething wells is kingston university's largest hall.
Hello both,

I actually lived in Seething Wells for my first year - it was really good to be honest, you might think you hate it occasionally if you live there, but when you move out, you will miss it!

As CartoonMotion has said, it is the largest, 2 types of room, lovely field and BBQ area... can also be a bit noisy, but security are pretty hot which can work well when you want to sleep, but not when you want to party!

You'll see from here that you are not actually guarantee'd Seething Wells when you apply for your preferred band if you pick En Suite. Budget En Suite is very 'cosy' haha.

This was my En Suite @ Seething Wells...
293552_10150374910901422_989911230_n.jpg

My housemate's Budget En Suite @ Seething Wells...
314592_10150374921641422_293780706_n.jpg

The Seething Wells En Suite bathrooms...
296944_10150374916581422_531771438_n.jpg

Hope this helps!

Get in touch if you have any other questions!
Reply 4
Original post by richard2006
Hey does anybody stay in the seething wells accommodation of kingston Uni? can they tell me what its like there and what the atmosphere is like and the good and bad points about living there? thanks!

- rich -

It is basically party central, compared to the other student accommodation it is by far the best for that but it is also it is **** to live in... but the parties outweigh it :colone:

That said it turns to right **** if you pre-drink/party with foreigners, from experience the English know how to do it properly and everyone else fail badly.
Reply 5
Hey, To anyone that hasn't sorted out their accommodation please contact me. Looking to make up a group of boys to move into a house next year at Kingston University. I've heard all the accommodation emails have been sent out so if you know that you still want to move out and didn't get halls i'm looking to make up a group of 3/4. Let me know asap so we can get a deposit sorted out on a house around the area before they all go/the rent goes higher! Give me a shout if you still havn't found anything
Original post by navsand
Hey, To anyone that hasn't sorted out their accommodation please contact me. Looking to make up a group of boys to move into a house next year at Kingston University. I've heard all the accommodation emails have been sent out so if you know that you still want to move out and didn't get halls i'm looking to make up a group of 3/4. Let me know asap so we can get a deposit sorted out on a house around the area before they all go/the rent goes higher! Give me a shout if you still havn't found anything

you've posted this on several threads and I will post this again

Accommodation emails won't all have been sent out, as UK results day hasn't been, I found out about halls on 20th august last year. there is a cut off date for APPLYING to halls, however don't know that date. There are also quite a few rooms available and email accommodation as if you have a place confirmed by the uni and are 100% going there, they can give you access to certain things that you can't see without a password.

also read HERE

from having trawled the vast majority of estate agents this year in kingston, this is roughly what you'd expect to pay and have available as a deposit:

6 weeks rent as deposit
first months rent
£100-£150 admin fee each

I'm also in a flat, that has 2 spare rooms, but you'll have to go through estate agents, message me for info for rooms though. ones a single and ones a double and they are cheap for Kingston, ideal for Kingston Hill/Roehampton Vale, but people at PR/KP the uni bus goes past and bus stop bout minute away.
How are the budget en suite rooms? Are they okay to live in?
Reply 8
Does anybody know when you get your deposit back ??
Original post by kenwa
Does anybody know when you get your deposit back ??

Hi!
You get it back about 6 weeks after you hand your keys back in,
Emily :smile:
Student ambassador
Hi, I just wanted to know how is the size of the ensuite rooms and also do you have any feedback on walkden?
Hi!
All rooms are really good sizes. On the Kingston Uni accommodation page you can take a virtual tour of them :smile: Walkden are really nice the a sort of 'wet room' as a shower and a communal space.

Emily
Student ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, do you get a lock on your room door in an en-suite?
Original post by pluvophile
Hi, do you get a lock on your room door in an en-suite?

Sorry only just seen this! Yes you do can be locked from the inside and from the outside.

Emily
Student ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest