The Student Room Group

Help me out please

I just started year 12, and after picking maths, physics and economics iv decided i want to drop physics. I would like to do law at uni preferrably, and so would like to know what i should replace it with. I would do history but don't have the GCSE so no. I have considered english literature, philosophy, G&P, Psychology. What would you recommend?
Reply 1
oh and I would like to go to a russel group uni, if that helps.

Is philosophy considered respected or is it seen to be on the soft side?
Reply 2
I only did psychology from your selection (I did maths, econ + psycho :redface:) and the revision is quite memory intensive. It was easily the subject which i spent the most time on. That being said, the exam is pretty easy with very little unpredictability which you get in maths and economics (got an A* on it :wink:)

They're all good subjects. You dont need to be super duper special student with straight A's and only faciliating subjects to get into a RG uni.Either of your proposed subjects would be fine for law. There are no subject requirements at all.
Reply 3
.!
Reply 4
anyone else
Reply 5
anyone else?
Reply 6
english lit
Firstly, surely you can do History without a GCSE?

Secondly, if not, I can definitely recommend G&P to you. I imagine it would tie in nicely with law, and it definitely does so with Economics, which I'm taking as well. It has a law section, at least with Edexcel, and if you are basically interested in the humanities then it's really interesting.

I do English Lit, which I love but wouldn't recommend over G&P.

Quick Reply

Latest