Watch this:

Scroll to see replies

Preparing for a ****storm.
20% of Muslims are radicals.

I stopped listening there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think she does have a point
well it is an interesting point.
although I disagree with her in some points.
In Germany during he second world war, there were groups agains hitler that acted non-violently and saved thousands of people from getting killed by the nazis. That is not irrelevant.
I'm sure there were other movements like that as well in Russia, China, Japan (and all the other countries she named)

The peaceful majority can make a difference if they start acting.
And there are Muslims as well, that are against the radicals and who simply want to live peacefully with their religion and I wish they had a stronger influence and could fight extremists from the inside.
She wouldnt even make it to the panel of question time here.
Reply 6
Her tone of voice is pretty much condescending. "YOU ARE THE ONE!"

When she stated "intelligence" and didn't quote who this "intelligence" was, she lost the plot.
She makes some good points there. It is also true that when there are awful acts committed by Muslims throughout the world the main worry for moderate Muslims is to point out how peaceful their religion is and complain about Islamophobia in the media.
Reply 8
Original post by Feierabend
well it is an interesting point.
although I disagree with her in some points.
In Germany during he second world war, there were groups agains hitler that acted non-violently and saved thousands of people from getting killed by the nazis. That is not irrelevant.
I'm sure there were other movements like that as well in Russia, China, Japan (and all the other countries she named)

How is her not mentioning underground resistance groups disagreeing with her? Her point was that millions of people throughout history have been annihilated by radical minorities.

The peaceful majority can make a difference if they start acting.
And there are Muslims as well, that are against the radicals and who simply want to live peacefully with their religion and I wish they had a stronger influence and could fight extremists from the inside.

Of course all sane people want to live peacefully. Monstrous evil is the concern of everyone though and needs to be fought vigorously in whatever way possible.
Reply 9
Poor girl is attacked by that witch with a funny accent known as Brigitte Gabriel.
Reply 10
Original post by kka25
Her tone of voice is pretty much condescending. "YOU ARE THE ONE!"

Her argument was a passionate one but I wouldn't describe it as condescending.

Original post by kka25
When she stated "intelligence" and didn't quote who this "intelligence" was, she lost the plot.

I think she said, "all intelligence services" or "agencies". She's not writing a paper so I don't see that it is always compulsory to cite references and sources. That would take a pretty cynical view that panellists were deliberately out to lie, whereas I would assume, not naively I think, that you have a fairly intelligent bunch of people on the discussion panel.
Reply 11
Original post by caravaggio2
She wouldnt even make it to the panel of question time here.

A rather supercilious statement to make.
Reply 12
Original post by missfats
20% of Muslims are radicals.

I stopped listening there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair that is around the number of radical Muslims we have on TSR.
Original post by Marco1
How is her not mentioning underground resistance groups disagreeing with her? Her point was that millions of people throughout history have been annihilated by radical minorities.

Of course all sane people want to live peacefully. Monstrous evil is the concern of everyone though and needs to be fought vigorously in whatever way possible.

Well that was probably not well explained from my side.
I disagree with her whole behaviour, how angry she gets at the student, that posed a valid question which didn't really get answered.

And I do think the peaceful majority matters. I think they can influence the radicals.

Yes the "monstrous evil" has to be fought, but not in whatever way possible. Whatever way possible means for example attacking Iraq to "fight terrorism". That is simply not right and just produces more radicals since they see how evil the west is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Marco1
Her argument was a passionate one but I wouldn't describe it as condescending.

To each of their own.

I think she said, "all intelligence services" or "agencies". She's not writing a paper so I don't see that it is always compulsory to cite references and sources. That would take a pretty cynical view that panellists were deliberately out to lie, whereas I would assume, not naively I think, that you have a fairly intelligent bunch of people on the discussion panel.

Yes, I just shorten it.
Well, anyone can just pluck out something from the sky and say anything they want. If you want to have a "discussion", be precise and accurate as possible so people who are discussing and listening to it can verify, reason and articulate the facts. No one needs to believe you; however, if you have the valid facts, then it would be difficult to counter refute what has been said.
On this scenario, I see nothing that can be verified, heck, some of the commentators have started to say she's inaccurate or basically wrong. What else did she get wrong if that's the case.
Reply 15
Well that was probably not well explained from my side.
I disagree with her whole behaviour, how angry she gets at the student, that posed a valid question which didn't really get answered.

And I do think the peaceful majority matters. I think they can influence the radicals.

Yes the "monstrous evil" has to be fought, but not in whatever way possible. Whatever way possible means for example attacking Iraq to "fight terrorism". That is simply not right and just produces more radicals since they see how evil the west is.

Indeed. She seemed to be unable to deliver herself well and didn't even look composed. Funny that the student was more composed than her :rolleyes:
Original post by tengentoppa
She makes some good points there. It is also true that when there are awful acts committed by Muslims throughout the world the main worry for moderate Muslims is to point out how peaceful their religion is and complain about Islamophobia in the media.

Agree with every word.
It's funny how she asks the woman if she's American when she has more of an American accent than her :lol:

But seriously how are the peaceful majority irrelevant? The western media is increasing the numbers of those that do/want to do harm by keeping them in the limelight all the time and making other Muslims feel alienated from society.
Lol, "monstrous evil" :lol:
She's excellent and great points. Islam has a major problem in its ideology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending